• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Ok college football fans, it's almost that time of year again. Some have already asked if there is going to be a pick'em again this year. Comment here if you plan on playing this year. All are welcome to play. This is my 2nd year of being moderator over the pick'em, along with help from BR, whose husband will pick games for us again this year. Thanks to both of you. Here are the rules for this years pick'em, these are the same as last year with one addition.

1. The games for each week's SoWal Pick'em will be posted on or before Monday evenings.
2. The deadline for making your pick for any game is 9 AM Central Time on date of that game.
3. Anyone who misses the deadline (as defined in #2 above) will forfeit all games not picked for that date.
4. Any changes after a pick is made must appear in a new post, not in an edited prior post, and by 9 AM Central Time for the date of the game for which your pick is changed. Failure to do this will result in your change being invalid.
5. For some games that are of great interest, but in which one team has a lopsided advantage, points may be added to the underdog's score by the person choosing the slate of games each week.
6. Each correct pick earns one point.
7. The winner of the SoWal Pick'em will be the person who has the most points, not the highest percentage of correct picks.
8. Bonus questions may be included later in the season in case a tie-breaker is needed. The points from these questions will not be added to a picker's total points for the season.
9. Leaders for each week, for the regular season, and for the bowl games will be recognized. However, the winner of the SoWal Pick'em will be the person with the most wins for the season, including bowl games.

Happy picking!

Lady D

Last edited:

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
I work full time so I hope I don't have to send a lot of email reminders to people about posting their picks. I am assuming the rule is the same if there is a weeknight game thrown in the mix, say a Thursday night game, they must be posted by 6 p.m. CDT to get credit for that game also, otherwise they can only post the picks for Saturday games after that and by 9 a.m. Am I correct on that BR?

Last edited:

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
I am in of course. Doubtful Fulmer4Senate will play this year. He's working two jobs, full time during the day, part time job at FedEx at night. Doesn't get a lot of sleep between going from one to the other. Did mention it to him and he stated he doubted he would this time but he may change his mind yet.

I work full time so I hope I don't have to send a lot of email reminders to people about posting their picks. I am assuming the rule is the same if there is a weeknight game thrown in the mix, say a Thursday night game, they must be posted by 6 p.m. CST to get credit for that game also, otherwise they can only post the picks for Saturday games after that and by 9 a.m. Am I correct on that BR?
Yes, you should probably add the deadline of 6 PM CST/CDT to the rules for Thursday night games because people get busy during the work week. That is, unless the game starts before 6 PM CST/CDT.

Whenever you need me to help you remind people, just let me know. I don't have any Thursday classes.

Last edited:

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Ok people, the 9 a.m. CST/CDT deadline for posting your picks of course is for when all games are only Saturday games. If there should be a game thrown into the picks on Thursday night as there has been at times the picks need to be posted by 6 p.m. CST/CDT that day unless the game is earlier then they will need to be posted before the earlier start time, otherwise, that point will not count for you if the game is already in progress.

Last edited: