• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Maybe this is all very subjective. I've only been to Dewey's twice in the last year. First time was OK. Second time was rather bland. I actually liked Bayou Bill's for that kind of seafood. When Nick's came back to the beach a couple years ago, it was disappointing, so I haven't given it a second chance. Because of the expense of going out to dinner around here, I always tend to go to the consistently good places and take no chances.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Captain Anderson ' s comes to 30a! I jest of course. Everyone says Nicks is good. I haven't ventured in mainly because I don't need patio furniture.

If you love fresh fried seafood with a baked potato and cole slaw... which I definitely DO... Nick's is the place! It ain't fancy. But it's good. And the people are wonderful.

DCollins

Beach Lover
Dec 1, 2010
Georgia
Cold Beer, including Craft Beer. From scratch food, no frozen. TVs. 30-A themed dishes. Just plain great food, live music, acceptable prices.....I know this is easier said than done, but it has so much potential in this location, although the rent seems a little high.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
$6500.00-$10,000 per month rumored rent...what is square footage ? New 16K Sq.Ft. village at blue mountain on the drawing board rent in the $28/sq ft range + CAM

shellak

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
Reasonable would be nice. Tired of wine bars, cajun food, small plates. Want to buy local but the prices need to be affordable, not all $25 entrees that don't even come with a salad.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
$6500.00-$10,000 per month rumored rent...what is square footage ? New 16K Sq.Ft. village at blue mountain on the drawing board rent in the $28/sq ft range + CAM

It's not a rumor on the rent. The lesser amount is for a subdivided portion of the total space. Keep in mind minimums apply for full liquor in a restaurant. That full space meets those requirements.

Is that new building in front of the Pines subdivision?

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
It's not a rumor on the rent. The lesser amount is for a subdivided portion of the total space. Keep in mind minimums apply for full liquor in a restaurant. That full space meets those requirements. Is that new building in front of the Pines subdivision?
yes it's the new "coming soon" ??? at pine entrance

Bobbi Fisher Henson

Beach Comber
Jan 15, 2014
This Texas ex-pat would love some good, fresh and relatively affordable Tex Mex food. I'm tired of driving all the way to La Paz in Destin to get it. What we don't need, in my humble opinion, is another restaurant with the same menu as every other restaurant down here ... which means grouper, shrimp and grits, fish tacos. I love all three of those, but in all honesty, they are served at four of every five restaurants down here. As others have said, however, I guess the high rent demands something upscale ... just hope it is upscale Tex Mex!