• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

StepfordWife

Beach Comber
Sep 14, 2012
Very interesting read, thanks! Surprised though they didn't mention communities like Seaside and Rosemary that restricted building to behind the dunes and as a result have sustained little hurricane damage. Of course if sea levels do rise as predicted, even those dunes won't be enough. Really hoping that doesn't happen.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I love that this engineer is bragging about his contacts as a way of circumventing the DEP. How much longer are we (the citizens of Florida) going to let guys like this determine our insurance rates?? We all know that every time one of "engineered dunes" fails, that all of our rates go up.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I really kind of hope the no restoration folks win, it'll be real easy to tell them to shut up when their houses fall in the gulf.

As far as sea level rise, New York and Miami will be under water before we are.

ecopal

Beach Fanatic
Apr 26, 2005
I love that this engineer is bragging about his contacts as a way of circumventing the DEP. How much longer are we (the citizens of Florida) going to let guys like this determine our insurance rates?? We all know that every time one of "engineered dunes" fails, that all of our rates go up.

good point jodifl---our high insurance rates essentially subsidize beachfront houses.