• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
https://www.facebook.com/crush30a

After considerable thought, pondering and soul searching, Jim [Altimura] and I have decided to close the doors to our Crush Wine Bar in Seaside Florida. Our last day of business will be Saturday September 27th.....Though it was a tough decision, it was time.

I am very sad to see it come to a final conclusion but I am looking forward to future endeavors...Many amazing memories were made being a part of this wonderful place...from my "Ah-ha" moment to picking the name "Crush" to the first wine tasting, deciding which wines would be the first house Chardonnays and Cabs...to meeting so many amazing and wonderful friends that are now an important part of my life....

Jim and I would like to thank all of our guests, the locals and visitors, who have given us your business over the last five years, thank you so much!!!!........

And most importantly we would like to thank our wonderful staff!! Without you nothing would have been possible!!!!.......

Please stay tuned to my sister Ashley Palmer and I, as we are working on our next project..

Bluznbeach

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
www.davidsswan.com
Too bad. I went there a couple times and found good food, a nice wine selection, and excellent service. I hope there's still room for all of that in Seaside!

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Never visited so I checked them out for reviews on YELP.....check it out Here are you reason's......more one and two stars back to 2011 than four and five stars....word to owners, monitor YELP, as an owner you can reply and correct bad service and hourly help...a lot of people check sites like YELP and Urbanspoon before visiting a new place.

carson

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2014
Seagrove
Never visited so I checked them out for reviews on YELP.....check it out Here are you reason's......more one and two stars back to 2011 than four and five stars....word to owners, monitor YELP, as an owner you can reply and correct bad service and hourly help...a lot of people check sites like YELP and Urbanspoon before visiting a new place.

True that, it is a measuring stick for all of my managers monthly.

carson

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2014
Seagrove
So what do you think about "restaurants" owners that have their establishments removed from Yelp because their reviews are/were so overwhelming bad?

They have an opportunity to respond. It should be an invitation to welcome them back in for a good experience. If the food sucks..well thats another story. May

Iris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2009
Seacrest
They have an opportunity to respond. It should be an invitation to welcome them back in for a good experience. If the food sucks..well thats another story. May

I just love to read the Trip Advisor reviews and then there are the Owners/Managers responses. The Owners/Managers: some are gracious, some are humbled and then the others that are just down right defensive. They are actually fun to read. Some really blast the reviewers and then seem to have a "Come to Jesus Meeting" and change their strategy. The classy restaurants shine through....the ones where you want to spend your money.

I remember when honesty on a review could be written on SOWAL. Yes, you got the occasional blast out of the water....but that was about it. The good old days.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I just love to read the Trip Advisor reviews and then there are the Owners/Managers responses. The Owners/Managers: some are gracious, some are humbled and then the others that are just down right defensive. They are actually fun to read. Some really blast the reviewers and then seem to have a "Come to Jesus Meeting" and change their strategy. The classy restaurants shine through....the ones where you want to spend your money.

I remember when honesty on a review could be written on SOWAL. Yes, you got the occasional blast out of the water....but that was about it. The good old days.

honesty is always welcome on SoWal.com in dining + food forum as well as in SoWal Dining Guide. Courtesy is also required. Some people have personal issues with an owner, and those posts aren't helpful and they go against forum rules. There have been many helpful reviews here, with excellent owner responses. One of my favorites is the recent complaint against Bruno's. That was one excellent response from the owner! With LOTS of exposure as a result.

Great recommendations are made here in the forum on a regular basis. That's what it's all about. It's not about trashing a local business. It's about elevating those that work hard, deliver an excellent product, and deserve it.

While I do like Trip Advisor and other food apps - and use them while traveling, SoWal.com is a local online community filled with people who really know these businesses and care about the local owners and staff, and community in general. We aren't just driving through and posting random reviews. It's a hyperlocal site where reviews really do matter.

Share what you love. Share what you don't love. Be honest. Be helpful. Mangia!

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
Went there this past summer. A/C wasn't working so it was pretty miserable experience for that reason. One other visit, a few years ago just for a glass of wine & to check out menu. Ellen