• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Seaducer

Banned
Jan 17, 2008
Destin
Oh, I don't "claim" to be a local, but since I have lived directly on 30-A since 1983, the label might fit. If you re- examine what I said, I believe I called the establishment elegant. Hardly a criticism. Just an observation.

I read exactly what you said
and since you are so proud of your 30A 'heritage'
you seem to be exactly the type of person I mean

why don't you open a restaurant and prove them wrong?

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I read exactly what you said and since you are so proud of your 30A 'heritage' you seem to be exactly the type of person I mean why don't you open a restaurant and prove them wrong?

I'm not quite sure what your point is. I simply said I agreed with an earlier poster's assessment of the Perfect Pig. Do you have a point beyond genuine annoyance?

carson

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2014
Seagrove
Oh, I don't "claim" to be a local, but since I have lived directly on 30-A since 1983, the label might fit. If you re- examine what I said, I believe I called the establishment elegant. Hardly a criticism. Just an observation.

I hope it is Pig 2 at Gulf Place and they keep Pig 1. The food is very good and they are good people but the portions are small. I figure 20% more expensive to keep Chili's out is A OK by me. We definitely need a good dining option on our little stretch. How do you think a breakfast / lunch place would do? Pub?

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Six months continuous living here and a power bill with local address and " You Be A Local " .... Walton County Board voted on it and They Say it's SO.... Or a working Sowal App on your IPad...

Bobbi Fisher Henson

Beach Comber
Jan 15, 2014
My comments re Perfect Pig are not mean spirited. I think it is a lovely place. However, I don't believe it would necessarily succeed at Gulf Place. Pizza, ice cream and coffee do great there because there are a ton of hungry toddlers, tweens and teens there who DO want to eat yummy food that's not necessarily upscale. La Playa is doing well with their parents who also don't necessarily want upscale, but like the live music, drinks and decent food. This is why I think reasonably priced (not cheap but definitely not upscale) Tex Mex would make money hand over fist there. I have no data, it's just a hunch. Tacos, enchiladas, fajitas, nachos, quesadillas, salads and a bar with a happy hour would flourish there, I believe. And if you read carefully I'm not saying that this is MY food preference (although I do love it) or that I believe this is BETTER or WORSE than a place like Perfect Pig. I simply believe it is a better match for the demographic of Gulf Place. So hate away, haters! I'm heading to the beach!

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
Relax, 'Ducer is known to have these occasional mental breakdowns.

Iris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2009
Seacrest
I hope it is Pig 2 at Gulf Place and they keep Pig 1. The food is very good and they are good people but the portions are small. I figure 20% more expensive to keep Chili's out is A OK by me. We definitely need a good dining option on our little stretch. How do you think a breakfast / lunch place would do? Pub?

I heard from a very reliable source that it will the Perfect Pig 2. Perfect Pig 1 is not moving. Opening hopefully mid Nov. Pretty much the same menu but full bar...yes! And I guess we don't order the same things that all are complaining about being small. We always bring some home! I wish we had more places with such clean food. We would be so lucky on 30A.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Checking yelp menu ! Some are right Pricey
Lunch pull pork sandwich $10.95 could not fine if that price includes anything else.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
A west end Perfect Pig is great news! They don't have huge servings, but I prefer a small portion of good food over a large quantity of mediocre food.