• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

graytonbeachguy

Beach Fanatic
Jun 14, 2008
To be fair to Walton SAO Supervisor Greg Anchors, he was asked by the Walton Sheriff's Office for guidance on a case that involved local political figures. These are called "direct file" or "investigative" cases. It was eminently reasonable for him to remove consideration of the case away from Walton County to preserve the perception of impartiality. Imagine the comments hurled his way if he had kept the decision local, no matter which way he decided on the complaint.

As with many conflicts, real or perceived, these cases are referred within the circuit, but out of the county. It seems to me that an impartial analysis of the sworn complaint was performed by the SAO office most-removed from Walton County and a decision was made regarding the substance of the complaint. In a well-reasoned analysis, the State Attorney explained the complaint, the applicable law and its application to the case at hand. A press release was appropriate because of the high profile of both the complainant and the person against whom the complaint was lodged. This is just the way such matters are handled. No matter whose side you are on, the SAO handled it professionally and within protocol.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Gonna call BS on the Greg Anchors thing.

I was originally misinformed.

G. Marcille is Elected Official Bill Eddins #2 guy. Eddins is a problem.

Big guns out of Pensacola!

A very common way to cover ones ass is to conduct an investgston and then "referr" it to the State Attorney. Why do you get paid? Make a decision...

This is done in sensitive investigations when one (sheriff) has no balls to make the decision himself. Unless its one that has something over him\her.

They are able to please both sides at the same time, while saving face.

Reality is that this should have been quashed upon receipt.

If this DL issue was looked into how about the dozens of sex offenders that don't have their actual residences listed on their DLs, yet we don't arrest them, yet it is a clear violation on State Statute?

State Attorney answer that...

The fact that our paper has an actual cartoon about this should make all of us feel great to live here, up is down, down is up, its all a big joke...

Last edited:

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
To be fair to Walton SAO Supervisor Greg Anchors, he was asked by the Walton Sheriff's Office for guidance on a case that involved local political figures. These are called "direct file" or "investigative" cases. It was eminently reasonable for him to remove consideration of the case away from Walton County to preserve the perception of impartiality. Imagine the comments hurled his way if he had kept the decision local, no matter which way he decided on the complaint.

It sounds to me as if you're saying is that Sheriff Adkinson had no clue what a "Florida Only" license is/was.

If the information was easily attainable via a google search (it was) and everyone else on this board knew this was a BS bogus complaint including the BS about Ms. Harris voting fraudulently even though she is a current Florida resident with (at the time) legal dual licenses and a condo she resides in full time, along with a soc security number (which is all you need to vote in Florida) why didn't the Sheriff just apply the law?

There is nothing vague about the law...it's very clear. What was there to investigate to start with had the Sheriff applied Florida law as it is written?

My 7 year old grand child could have googled the information and understood it the way it's written.

Brannon and his buddy Clay probably went running to the Sheriff *thinking* "We got her and the Sheriff will send it to the State for us and we'll have her investigated and charged for all kinds of misdeeds."

The reason I say Clay is because I seriously doubt Brannon is smart enough to have written that complaint in the legal jargon it was written in without the help from a lawyer. Assuredly he wasn't smart enough to google results that were posted to this board long before the "Press Release".

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
P.S. If a regular citizen had brought this complaint to Sheriff Mike Adkinson it would never have seen the light of day let alone the State Attorney's office!!

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Just my opinion, sending it to the State Attorneys Office was the right move. You may or may not like it but I am comfortable with the process.

graytonbeachguy

Beach Fanatic
Jun 14, 2008
Bob:

Me, too. I'm not sure exactly what recent-entry-to-the-forum, John G., is complaining about. First he screws up his facts about the SAO hierarchy, putting Marcille answering to Anchors (actually, Marcille is closer to the top than anyone except the elected SAO, Bill Eddins), now he is complaining about the Sheriff not making a knee-jerk decision on the complaint. (Btw, sex offenders are required to register with the local sheriff and MUST change their D/L within 10 days of moving. This is strictly enforced, as you might have guessed with convicted sex offenders. Another mistake.)

Misty also seems concerned that this was not handled at the Sheriff's Dept. As the prosecuting authority, the SAO is in a much better position to research the applicable law and determine whether it should be prosecuted. They did the investigation (along with the WCSD), researched the law and decided they couldn't prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. Isn't that the way it's supposed to work? I don't understand the complaints.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
I don't like it but I guarantee that people would have been screaming cover-up and favoritism if the complaint had not been forwarded to the SAO and a complete investigation conducted. It is a shame that taxpayer dollars must be expended just to head off criticism but that is reality.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Here's the basis for my "complaint" about how this was handled.

It was a FAVOR. Its that simple.

As for the comment about a "sworn complaint", yet to see that posted... All that's posted is a letter, no a sworn affidavit of complaint which is required.

I look for that and wonder if it exists.

You can defend the WCSO and State all day long, they allowed themselves to be put into this position by favors done in the past. All involved should be embarrassed.

Stop the political favors.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Misty also seems concerned that this was not handled at the Sheriff's Dept. As the prosecuting authority, the SAO is in a much better position to research the applicable law and determine whether it should be prosecuted.

As a citizen, I'd like to think I am capable of reading the law and understanding what constitutes a violation of the law so that I don't end up arrested or brought up on bogus charges because some jacka$$ isn't capable of understanding what a "Florida Only" drivers license is. An EX-County Commissioner and the Walton County Sheriff should both have a better grasp of the law than an average citizen.

No one has said the SAO office didn't conclude the right decision...the problem is, the people in power who should have known better didn't!!!

Again this was a huge waste of resources in a County where we have far bigger fish to fry. Personal vendettas are not and should not be on the Sheriff's agenda and this should never have gone before the State Attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.