• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

meggiemom

Beach Lover
Jun 24, 2012
Walton
I find it rather odd that some here don't like to hear the negative comments about the Carlene Anderson rule in the school system. When you have nepotism, incompetence, wasteful spending, a drop the quality of teachers etc. etc. etc. it's hard to be positive, move ahead and "work with what we have" to improve the schools. What we have is Carlene Anderson and her political cronies and that's the problem. She's like a fungus.

DaleDalbey

Beach Fanatic
Nov 1, 2011
I find it rather odd that some here don't like to hear the negative comments about the Carlene Anderson rule in the school system. When you have nepotism, incompetence, wasteful spending, a drop the quality of teachers etc. etc. etc. it's hard to be positive, move ahead and "work with what we have" to improve the schools. What we have is Carlene Anderson and her political cronies and that's the problem. She's like a fungus.
is that like athlete's foot?

graytonbeachguy

Beach Fanatic
Jun 14, 2008
Welcome to Small Town America. Many people whose families did not relocate here in the past 5 years are related to many other people who have been long-time residents. We have liked living here for generations before you discovered us. That is why our families have remained in the area and we have so many local relatives. Our relatives work and live in the community in which our families have roots. Similar "coincidences" can be found anywhere.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
"Coinincences" + problems ($ and other) = corruption. Simple equation, but you get to pay for it so enjoy...

Keep head in sand, don't pull out.

m1a1mg

Beach Fanatic
Mar 16, 2014
Lost in the world
Welcome to Small Town America. Many people whose families did not relocate here in the past 5 years are related to many other people who have been long-time residents. We have liked living here for generations before you discovered us. That is why our families have remained in the area and we have so many local relatives. Our relatives work and live in the community in which our families have roots. Similar "coincidences" can be found anywhere.

When unqualified people are hired due to nepotism, everybody loses.

Last edited:

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
When unqualified people are hired due to nepotism, everybody loses.

I agree with what you say. It would behoove you to remember that there are job qualifications for most positions one applies for. To paint all who have some distant relation to another, but are qualified to fill a position, is proposterous. I am against nepotism as much as the next guy but I certainly understand the position expressed by graytonbeachguy as well.