• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Applicable law: (c) Part-time residents of this state issued a license that is valid within this state only under paragraph (b) as that paragraph existed before November 1, 2009, may continue to hold such license until the next issuance of a Florida driver license or identification card. Licenses that are identified as “Valid in Florida Only” may not be issued or renewed effective November 1, 2009. This paragraph expires June 30, 2017.

graytonbeachguy

Beach Fanatic
Jun 14, 2008
Misty:

Granted the D/L issue was clear. But I think you must agree that the voting issue was much more nuanced. As Marcille indicated in his Report, residency is, to a great extent, subjective. Marcille clearly laid out the applicable law and the facts. He then stated his well-supported conclusion that the SAO could not support the charges beyond a reasonable doubt. Because of the subjectivity of the voting issue, this decision was best removed from the scrum that is Walton County politics. I remain at a loss to understand the controversy in it being handled this way.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Misty:

Granted the D/L issue was clear. But I think you must agree that the voting issue was much more nuanced. As Marcille indicated in his Report, residency is, to a great extent, subjective. Marcille clearly laid out the applicable law and the facts. He then stated his well-supported conclusion that the SAO could not support the charges beyond a reasonable doubt. Because of the subjectivity of the voting issue, this decision was best removed from the scrum that is Walton County politics. I remain at a loss to understand the controversy in it being handled this way.

All you need to have in the State of Florida to vote: New applicants must provide a current and valid Florida driver’s license number (which Ms. Harris had) (FL DL#) or Florida identification card number (FL ID#). If you do not have a FL DL# or FL ID#, then you must provide the last four digits of your Social Security number (SSN)

What is nuanced about that?

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
This State allows anyone to vote here...even dead people. :D

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Hasn't the local GOP proven pretty succinctly that we don't have an issue with voter fraud?

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
Fraud was never a problem with them, it was minority voting.

Suzanne Harris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008
I will be the first one at the news box to buy the Herald/Beach Breeze box tomorrow to buy a copy to see if they even do a story on this and to see if Scott was available for comment. He could be too busy filing more complaints against her. One thing I have not see is his sworn statement about this. Not sure how he got her drivers license info but I am pretty sure it is protected under the Federal and State law. He is not permitted to use this information as you can read on the DMV site under Driver Privacy Protection Act Exemptions. Just think anyone can get your information if it was this simple for Scott. Drivers license, date of birth and address as well as driver license numbers. This would sure help someone trying to hack into bank and credit card accounts. Mrs Harris beware this could happen to you!

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Sworn Statement to sheriffs office and / or state attorney please...

Please produce one (I sincerely hope there is one...)

;)

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Not sure how he got her drivers license info but I am pretty sure it is protected under the Federal and State law. He is not permitted to use this information as you can read on the DMV site under Driver Privacy Protection Act Exemptions.

Yes it would be interesting to find out where he obtained her DL# not only from Florida but Alabama as well.

It would not surprise me if a well known attorney didn't hand him the information. I could almost understand having the number for the Florida license because Ms. Harris has been involved in legal proceedings here but having the one from Alabama is a show stopper.

http://www.flhsmv.gov/forms/90511.pdf Scroll down to the 2nd page and it will tell you when it's legal for someone to have the info Brannon obtained so freely.

Bob Hudson...when you request information via the FOIA isn't identifying info such as DL# and Soc Sec blacked out?

Last edited:

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
FOIA stands for "Freedom of Information Act" and is applicable to requests made to Federal Agencies. In Florida we have "Public Records Requests" which are defined in State statutes. That statute details those things that are exempt from disclosure and are redacted before being provided.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.