• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
To be honest you shouldn't find consistent oysters. It's kind of like the restaurant that never runs out of grouper.

I still follow the R rule and will until oysters are extinct.

chip hagler

Beach Lover
Oct 27, 2012
Santa Rosa Beach
I am old school too and eat my share of oysters in the cooler months. So I've been making up for a hot summer. Gonna try out some other spots. Try the High tide or what we use to call the "Dirty Bird" years ago.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
dusty yes. Limited parking
Hurricane must get the culls always Small
I do like Dusty's.. but really DISLIKE the road trip . The reason I like Hurricane is BECAUSE they are small. And close to the house.. plus if you arent satisfied with ANYTHING there they will make it good..and are ready to let you taste their oysters.. not taste half a dozen but one to see if you like them.

Iris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2009
Seacrest
yes yes yes
Yes, many times until someone from this SOWAL site recommended Gene's a few years ago. Now I just pass Hunts up and go to Gene's. I have talked with people that actually live and work in downtown PC and they do not go to Hunts. They call it a tourist trap..ha, ha. Hunt's is good and a bit closer. But not worth the wait most days.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Yes, many times until someone from this SOWAL site recommended Gene's a few years ago. Now I just pass Hunts up and go to Gene's. I have talked with people that actually live and work in downtown PC and they do not go to Hunts. They call it a tourist trap..ha, ha. Hunt's is good and a bit closer. But not worth the wait most days.

They don't like it because, gasp, they might have to wait. Gene's is great, but the word is getting out.

chip hagler

Beach Lover
Oct 27, 2012
Santa Rosa Beach
Went to Gene's Oyster Bar today for the first time and what a little hidden gem. They were serving Apalachicola oysters which to me are the best. Gene's reminds me of what old Florida is all about. Will definitely be back.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Also went oyster eating today...Yea... Drove over to Dusty's sat at the bar ate couple dozen and watch Georgia beat those 9.5 point underdog wildcats...winner winner on both....Ask Dusty to think about opening in Sowal...doubtful....