• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Suzanne Harris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008
Sara must have had a big recovery as I hear this important meeting is about a golf tournament. Too ill come to Hampton Inn meeting but important things like golf tournaments can not be postponed. Like her deposition which she was too sick to attend????????? It is rescheduled for next week. Will she get sick again?????? It is open to the public, come one come all!!!!!!! Lets see why she wrote an e mail to the county attorney NOT to publish a public meeting in fear Alan Osborn might find out and come.

TeaPartyingHard

Beach Comber
Feb 16, 2015
Is this a public meeting tonight, or are you just stalking her? Serious question. I just ran into her on the beach that one time by happenstance...But you give off a vibe like you're actively following her around or something. What's your deal?

Also, I haven't heard the tale of her writing an email telling someone not to publish a public meeting. I thought all public meetings having to do with county business would be posted on an agenda on a county website somewhere? I know they post videos of the county commissioner meetings and such. Public meetings seem like they'd be pretty difficult to keep a secret. How do you know it was a public meeting? What was the meeting about?

You seem to have a story to tell....Sounds juicy, where are the details, bro?

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Seems like the M key is sticking as well, as I keep seeing Comander spelled with two M's.

TeaPartyingHard

Beach Comber
Feb 16, 2015
Meh, that's a common error to make though. It is an unusual spelling, so they get a pass on that.

I asked around about the "golf meeting" because I was curious. Apparently it's just a fundraiser thing they do every year to raise money for the 4th of July fireworks celebration, and I'm okay with that. It's got to be paid for some how, and it's a nice little celebration for family and kids and I'm glad our community does it.

I am still super curious about this supposed civil rights violation though. How does someone block your access from a public meeting unless you have a no trespass warrant or restraining order against you? Is the lawsuit because the person suing didn't know about the public meeting and that is supposed to be the commissioner's fault? Would this public meeting not be listed on publicly accessible city/county websites that post meeting dates and agendas? ....It just seems like a hell of a thing to have a whole lawsuit over. I'd like to know what I'm missing here. Surely there's more to it.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Sorry 'bout that - many remember the correct spelling from when Sarah and her family owned Comander Funeral Home in DFS.
But yeah, I am wondering what the real issue here is. If there is one.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Just my opinion but from reading the document above it doesn't appear to me that she was trying to prevent him from attending the meeting at all...they are public meetings. Alan has been very, very outspoken for a very long, long time about what he believed to be failures by the County regarding the comprehensive plan for Driftwood Estates and as it turns out, he was right....that doesn't mean he didn't piss off more than a few people along the way or that the County Commissioners always acted in good faith when when dealing with the magnitude of his complaints.

The comment (while inappropriate) by Ms. Comander appears to me to be more sarcasm than an attempt to actually prevent Alan from attending the meeting.

Last edited:

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Well, if that's the case, she clear that up in her next scheduled deposition.

If it were only scarcasm, it shouldn't be an issue now, should it?

TeaPartyingHard

Beach Comber
Feb 16, 2015
....So was that actually a public meeting? If so, what prevented Alan Osborne from going to government websites to see a list of meetings on the agenda?

As a taxpayer, I feel a bit insulted that someone would generate some huge lawsuit over a sarcastic comment in an email...and basically force us to use taxpayer money to litigate. When I heard civil rights lawsuit, I guess I had in my head that she kicked him out of a meeting based on his race or religion or something a bit more serious than sarcastically complaining about someone who is a thorn in the side type nuisance. This seems like the textbook definition of frivolous lawsuit.

I think you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who works for a living who hasn't perhaps inappropriately complained about a particularly difficult customer. It's human nature to want to vent about people being ****ty. If this lawsuit is about a corrupt politician....That's all the evidence there is? That's the worst thing this commissioner has ever done? Either there's more to this story or someone has way too much free time on their hands. This is disappointing, I was expecting something way juicier.