• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Well, if that's the case, she clear that up in her next scheduled deposition.

If it were only scarcasm, it shouldn't be an issue now, should it?

Actually, I think there are way bigger fish to fry in the Driftwood Estates issue than whether or not a county commissioner is guilty of being a smart a$$....they are all guilty of that, including Mr. Osborne who allowed his own frustrations to boil over in public meetings.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Sara must have had a big recovery as I hear this important meeting is about a golf tournament. Too ill come to Hampton Inn meeting but important things like golf tournaments can not be postponed. Like her deposition which she was too sick to attend????????? It is rescheduled for next week. Will she get sick again?????? It is open to the public, come one come all!!!!!!! Lets see why she wrote an e mail to the county attorney NOT to publish a public meeting in fear Alan Osborn might find out and come.

Just curious....why does there have to be a different thread created every time you have something to say about Ms. Comander?

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
While Alan Osborne is right about the the DRI issue on Driftwood Estates and has now been proven to be so, he is dead wrong on this lawsuit, IMO. In an email, it is impossible to determine jest or sarcasm as you cannot see the person in person. According to Commissioner Comander, this is what she had in mind. She is very intelligent, not stupid and has the common sense to know you cannot bar ANYONE from an announced public meeting. Furthermore, a similar complaint over this situation has already been denied by the Florida Ethics Commission. What Alan is doing, again in this individual's opinion, is frivolously costing all taxpayers money. I've been a strong supporter of Alan in his Driftwood Estates efforts and his bid for public office. Such support is certainly not there in this case!

Last edited:

TeaPartyingHard

Beach Comber
Feb 16, 2015
Well, did he successfully litigate the Driftwood Estates stuff? I don't understand why he wouldn't continue to focus his efforts there instead of going off on this silly, expensive legal tangent. This seems like something that is highly likely to get dismissed by a judge for lack of cause after the deposition phase.

From what I understand about the Driftwood issue, developers did not follow their originally submitted plans and overbuilt, which caused issues with drainage and that inconvenienced people who lived there and it could be argued that it interfered with their property values. Didn't the residents get together to sue the actual developer? Did anything come of that?

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Ask Alan. He does not acknowledge that Commissioner Comander supported his efforts much more often than she opposed them. After all, it is her job to hear both sides of the story and Sandestin's side was totally different from Alan's. I'll say it once again. In this instance, he is totally wrong, IMO. I'll be amazed if the legal system rules otherwise, but considering what I see out of the court system these days, nothing is surprising. Regardless of the results it is costing me, and every other taxpayer, money for something of which I disapprove. In fairness, it is not the first lawsuit brought by a constituent that was an unnecessary cost to the taxpayers.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Didn't the residents get together to sue the actual developer? Did anything come of that?

According to court documents Driftwood residents ceased legal proceedings against the County in 2013 in exchange for a county offer to address the drainage issues but an amended complaint states that didn't happen. The amended complaint alleges that the county, home builders and engineers conspired to violate the law by overbuilding in Sandestin.

That amended complaint also alleges the civil rights violations of Alan Osborne by Sara Comander.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Does anyone know who is representing Alan Osborne? Is it the same attorney who represented Suzanne Harris in her lawsuit against the county?

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Does anyone know who is representing Alan Osborne? Is it the same attorney who represented Suzanne Harris in her lawsuit against the county?

Shawn Heath is the attorney representing the Driftwood HOA and Alan Osborne.

TeaPartyingHard

Beach Comber
Feb 16, 2015
Well if the agreed settlement to fix drainage issues didn't happen, why aren't they taking that back to court? Was suing the developer directly not an option for some reason? I'm curious as to why they've gone off on this tangent instead of sticking to the original issue, which seems like a valid one. Conspiracy in government always seems like quite a stretch to me...government workers aren't especially well known for their secret keeping abilities. What was the so-called incentive for the county to want to screw over Driftwood Estates residents? What are they getting out of this besides a lawsuit and a headache? I'm just a layman here, but I would expect such an issue to be addressed by the residents suing the developer and a judge ordering the developer to pay the costs to fix the drainage. If anything, I would expect the county to go after the developer for not following the submitted plan, in the form of penalties or fines or something, but I suppose that would depend on if there is any penalty in a statute to address what the repercussions are if the developer submits a plan but then builds something different.