• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ReginaR

Beach Comber
As a fellow Michigander who owns a home by Oyster Lake near Gulf Place I say " Welcome" to the west end of 30a. You can walk to some of the best food in south Walton. The Vue on 30a at the beach club just across the road from Gulf Place has the best view on 30a and the food is amazing especially the pistachio crusted grouper. Stinkys Fish Camp is great for fun and seafood. We like to sit at the bar for raw oysters. The daily specials are some of the best seafood I have ever eaten. The eateries in Gulf Place are all good as well as Cafe Bolo and South of Philly within a block. I bet Perfect Pig and Preachers right there at Gulf Place are good but they are new and I have been here shoveling snow since they opened. I hope you have a wonderful trip.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Make sure the guy you called a jackass doesn't have familia that works there. We are a small town....

Jim Boothe

Beach Comber
Mar 31, 2014
Jeff, it's time to let it go. I'm sorry that your opinion differs from mine. I just don't see the harm, unless peeps are getting crazy or loud, or camping out in front of his house.

Jim Boothe

Beach Comber
Mar 31, 2014
As a fellow Michigander who owns a home by Oyster Lake near Gulf Place I say " Welcome" to the west end of 30a. You can walk to some of the best food in south Walton. The Vue on 30a at the beach club just across the road from Gulf Place has the best view on 30a and the food is amazing especially the pistachio crusted grouper. Stinkys Fish Camp is great for fun and seafood. We like to sit at the bar for raw oysters. The daily specials are some of the best seafood I have ever eaten. The eateries in Gulf Place are all good as well as Cafe Bolo and South of Philly within a block. I bet Perfect Pig and Preachers right there at Gulf Place are good but they are new and I have been here shoveling snow since they opened. I hope you have a wonderful trip.

Thanks ReginaR. What part of Michigan are you from? I'm in Rochester (Oakland Co).

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Already let it go muscle.

If I recall you first post on this site was an attack on a local.

Mistake. Perhaps you could rephrase your comment / opinion to not be so personal...

30aconcerned

Beach Lover
Oct 26, 2012
Make sure the guy you called a jackass doesn't have familia that works there. We are a small town....

My gosh, all the guy was asking about was good restaurant recommendations when he and his family come down for a visit. Now you are threatening him with your " 30-A mafia" familia crap. Well that makes you another LOCAL a$$hole. Add that to the "chair vendor I'll do what I want to" quote makes for another a$$hole. I wouldn't blame the guy for finding a more pleasant place to vacation. And anyway he was right in the assessment about the beach hog.

Jim Boothe

Beach Comber
Mar 31, 2014
Already let it go muscle. If I recall you first post on this site was an attack on a local. Mistake. Perhaps you could rephrase your comment / opinion to not be so personal...

Jeff, I come down to vacation in that area once a year, I'm certainly not a local, or someone with a finger on the pulse of beachfront home ownership. That said, I think this guy has taken it a bit too far, and littered up the beach with his ugly signs and ropes. Could you imagine what an eyesore it would be if everyone started doing that? Buying a beachfront home in an area like that, comes with the assumption that beach goers will often be traversing the property, and some may linger longer than others. I'm sorry but, if he doesn't like that, then buy a home secluded in the woods. I called the guy a "jackass" because that's exactly what I think he is. I don't care if he's a local, or part of the "30a mafia," as someone alluded to. I think he is setting a bad precedent for others in the area, and ruining what makes this area so special in the first place. I'm sorry if my words upset you, but I stand by them. Good day!