• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

GingB

Beach Comber
Mar 31, 2012
image.jpg

This letter was just delivered today to residents of Sand Cliffs. Hotel, commercial, residential all on this little corner of Watersound Pkwy and 30A. What a mess that intersection will be. What can be done to stop this high density growth on 30A?

Last edited by a moderator:

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
Thanks for posting!

This land had a previous development that went bust years ago. I always figured St. Joe or Ebsco (Alys Beach) would end up with the property. Maybe they did.

http://phlandstudio.com/masterplans.html

The land planning company has done work on several St. Joe developments.

Overview of Sbg-Pr,LLC in Santa Rosa Beach, FL

Sbg-Pr,LLC filed as a Florida Limited Liability in the State of Florida on Wednesday, July 24, 2013 and is approximately two years old, as recorded in documents filed with Florida Department of State. The filing is currently active as of the last data refresh which occured on Sunday, September 1, 2013.
Key People

Jason Romair serves as the Managing Member and has interests in other corporate entities including Romair Construction, Inc., Cedar Woods Lot 13, LLC and eleven more corporations. Jason's past corporate affiliations include Romair Development, LLC, Audubon Point Holdings, LLC and eleven others.

John Pinkerton is the Managing Member of Sbg-Pr,LLC. John's additional corporate interests include Pr Charters, LLC, Wso Cannonball Lane, LLC and three more corporations.

BeachMac

Beach Lover
Oct 3, 2008
Does every zoning change request get approved down here? Seems like it was zoned small neighborhood for a reason. It us disturbing to witness the high rate of development right now, absent from a sustainable and long-term infrastructure plan. We've only been here a few years as permanent residents, but it is disturbing to see so many new projects that involve clear-cut lots with cheap, unattractive construction that will not stand the test of time for character like the old Seagrove cottages in the 50s/60s... I don't know any locals in support of such massive commercial and hotel projects, yet they keep happening. Is there anything to be done to help curb zoning changes like this? We love this area and want to support it's character.
Would incorporation help to give some power to SoWal residents alongside county officials?

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Does every zoning change request get approved down here? Seems like it was zoned small neighborhood for a reason. It us disturbing to witness the high rate of development right now, absent from a sustainable and long-term infrastructure plan. We've only been here a few years as permanent residents, but it is disturbing to see so many new projects that involve clear-cut lots with cheap, unattractive construction that will not stand the test of time for character like the old Seagrove cottages in the 50s/60s... I don't know any locals in support of such massive commercial and hotel projects, yet they keep happening. Is there anything to be done to help curb zoning changes like this? We love this area and want to support it's character. Would incorporation help to give some power to SoWal residents alongside county officials?

Incorporation appears to be our only hope.

Dec 31, 2013
Screen Shot 2015-04-10 at 11.54.08 AM.jpg

The 3 parcels east of Watersound Pkwy, 2 rectangles and a sliver, were acquired by Romair Construction and its affiliates a little while ago. Currently the project doesn't have a name. The working title is "The 26 Acres." Romair's website doesn't have much information about the project yet. http://romairhomes.com/communities/

I've seen preliminary renderings of what the neighborhood will look like. It's actually very nice. It is different than what you would expect, though, if all you did was to look a other projects by the builder.

I think there was some initial resistance from nearby developments vis-a-vis beach access. At about 30% the size of Seaside and 1/6th the size of Alys Beach, I would expect a little bit of commercial along with the residential. If I were planning it, I would anchor the commercial toward the boundary with Alys.

I don't know what the hotel is all about. I suppose that proposal will evolve as time goes on.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Previous Aquatera project tried to gain access through Sandcliffs across the street. Believe it went to court and Aquatera developers lost and that's when it went bust. I don't know if the Romair folks know the history but someone should keep an eye on the folks in Defuniac when this project gets going, especially Sandcliff.