• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Snowbean

Beach Comber
Feb 24, 2012
They're trying to rezone from residential to commercial, which would open the door for businesses other than a restaurant. I'm curious if information is circulating.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Not aware... Whats interesting is that they actually have enough parking for their restaurant / bar, unlike others.

Why would they want to get rid of such an important resource?

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Not aware... Whats interesting is that they actually have enough parking for their restaurant / bar, unlike others.

Why would they want to get rid of such an important resource?

No kidding especially since on busy nights they have cars parked down both sides of 30A as well as their lot.

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
Changing the zoning will most likely increase the value of the property.

Jackalope

Beach Lover
Jan 24, 2015
Changing the zoning will most likely increase the value of the property.

Do you think that they are planning on selling? It's changed hands so many times I've lost count. I don't understand why either. The location has always been popular with locals and tourist. I do recall that there were noise issues with the adjoining residents at one point but then the noise ordinance took care of that, I think.

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
Do you think that they are planning on selling? It's changed hands so many times I've lost count. I don't understand why either. The location has always been popular with locals and tourist. I do recall that there were noise issues with the adjoining residents at one point but then the noise ordinance took care of that, I think.

I have no idea what their plans are, but it would make sense to have the most valuable zoning options in place if they were planning to put it on the market.

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I have no idea what their plans are, but it would make sense to have the most valuable zoning options in place if they were planning to put it on the market.

I agree. Our house is just down the street. We had it rezoned a while back for the same reason, but we have no plans to sell...

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
I agree. Our house is just down the street. We had it rezoned a while back for the same reason, but we have no plans to sell...

Smart move Will.