• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Solar Steve

Beach Comber
Sep 27, 2014
I guess, since spring break is almost over they come out to get the locals.
He is there this morning!
Careful driving: 25mph:boxing:

Concerned local

deborsk

Beach Lover
Jul 10, 2005
My husband got a ticket there shortly after they posted the new 25 mph--he was going 35. So, I make sure to keep it at 25; however, I cannot tell you how many times have passed me on the Western Lake bridges. Where was the trooper then?

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
While it does seem the FHP does target locals, maybe it is because we should know better. Overall, I agree with Bob, and my family has been the subject of a ticket for speeding in a 25 mph zone.

m1a1mg

Beach Fanatic
Mar 16, 2014
Lost in the world
Not looking for a fight Andy, but just enforce the law evenly. Is that too much to ask? What's more dangerous, speeding when the area is packed with people, or right after they all leave?

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
I know very few people who never exceed the speed limit. I'll graciously accept any warning of a speed trap I can get. Thank you.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
To me, it's terribly distracting to be looking for the cop, and trying to keep an eye on my speedometer, straining to get it down to 25, when, all the while, I should be on the look out for bicyclers.

It also messes up my texting and one hand photo shoots...

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
I feel safer in Watercolor when I see people speeding. It's much more difficult for them to pull off a drive-by.