• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
Nicks will probably be torn down and condos built on the highest elevation location on 30 A.
Remember "highest and best use"

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
Never been toward the bay, other than coming or going. We have been to Sandestin a few times.
So, the Grayton Bar and Grill did close. Looked like it was closed when we there in May. Last August, we had a few nice beers and appetizers with good service.
We may have eaten at Nick's twice. Nothing bad. Sort of 'old school'.
Too many options on 30A. Plus we tend to park and walk or ride or bikes to eat or get food to go.
We liked May. First time ever. Children in school, then husband teaching so we never could.
Basmati's was a great first time visit. Always try to go to at least one never visited spot.
We return in September - again first time that month. We haven't been in Feb., Sept. (bundling with football), Oct. (will be returning in Oct., bundling with football) or Nov. Looking to book May for 2016.
Ellen

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
The marigny was excellent and will be missed. I hope they return to a better location.

Nick's IS old school Seafood, fresh and served with baked potato and slaw. My favorite! You don't find old school seafood joints like this. They know their Seafood, they know where it came from and fresh is important to them.. and serve it prepared to your liking. I'll take it fried please. Nick's On The Bay even better.