• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
If someone purchases a statue of Nat Turner I would have no problem with them placing it on the grounds of the Courthouse.
What puzzles me is why the sudden outrage. The flag has been there for decades and most people barely noticed it. Many of those so vehemently opposed to it now admit they did not even know it was there before this petition was started. The funny thing is that those who are all the sudden wanting it removed say they wish to end bigotry and racism and division. Oddly enough, if you look at social media the division and turmoil is in full swing and there will be many hard feelings going forward no matter what. All to remove a flag nobody thought about a couple of weeks ago.
By the way, it has been said that the flag flies over our Courthouse. This is not true. It is located on the West side of the lawn beside the Confederate War Memorial. The memorial was purchased in 1871 by several ladies in Walton County as a remembrance of those who gave their life in the Civil War. It is the oldest Civil War monument in Florida. A memorial to those who died in WWI, WWII, Korea and Vietnam is located on the East side.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
The low-life who shot those Christians in South Carolina went to Gold's Gym. We should close them down and ban their shirts.

100_2115-1024x768.jpg

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Is any of this really going to change anyones mind or for that matter move your position from what you currently believe?

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
The low-life who shot those Christians in South Carolina went to Gold's Gym. We should close them down and ban their shirts.

If he went to Golds Gym, he certainly didn't get his dues worth.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
You are right on there, I think a weight must have fell on his head or something. I have a very difficult time understanding how someone could be so evil and misguided. I was a cop 26 years and saw a lot, but I still cannot understand someone like this. Just looking at him makes me want to throw up.

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
What significance does a Golds Gym shirt have outside of advertising for a chain of gyms. If you're suggesting the state should fly a Golds Gym flag at the courthouse I believe it would be inappropriate. Danny if you want to fly that damn flag at your house fly it.

Last edited:

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Danny is either confused, trying to be confusing, or both.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
There is no confusion, only sadness. Sadness that people can become so twisted that they kill good people. Sadness that racism and bigotry exists in our society no matter where you live in the North or South East or West. Sadness that people become so fixated on a position or opinion that we lose sight of the bigger picture. Sadness that slavery existed and was allowed at the very moments our democracy was founded creating a certain hypocrisy within our government and within our growing society. Sadness that a memorial for those that fought and died for their cause is now being destroyed.

To be a good person I believe you have to admit your mistakes or at least be aware of them. There are people in this forum who have little respect for anything but their own thoughts and opinions. I feel sadness for these people. As for myself I do not trust any type of media to get accurate information but after talking to many people I believe that society has become so reactive that there is no other choice but to remove the confederate flag from our courthouses. I am 58 years old and I have some experience in life and I do understand that things change and even if it is not always for the better. I am much more concerned about those people who refuse to see both sides of an issue as I believe it leads to destructive behaviors. I hope that taking the flag down will help heal people but the truth is that it probably won't.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Every social platform is filled with opinions today. I think the discussion is worthy. I do learn much from reading and listening to every viewpoint. We each come from a different experience and we all have opinions based on those experiences... that make us who we are. Those opinions matter. Every single one.