• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
mputnal3 was just talking about mental illness and this photo appeared on my screen. Coincidence? I think not. You have to be a sad excuse for a human being to take pride in your hatred.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Lake View Too, You are a wonderful human being I am sure but you are not superior to me or any other person who has Southern Pride. The only hatred I feel is from those in this forum who are very good at judging and maybe hating others who do not agree with them.

Teresa I am all for flying the flag of understanding and honor but for you to believe that ALL people who fly the confederate flag for hatred and bigotry is not very understanding or even correct. I do agree with you about the debate. It was eye opening for me to feel all the hatred toward Southern Pride and realize that we as a nation have a long way to go before we heal from the wounds of the Civil War if ever. I think many people are just so dang reactive that they will not allow themselves to stop and think about what they are saying. Just read all the posts and tell me what side of this debate does hatred exist.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Do you feel the people in that photo Poppy posted are mentally ill? I never said I was superior to anybody. And yes, I am judging the KKK based on the statements and actions they support. You are defending a flag that represents bigotry and treason. And I do have southern pride that has nothing to do with the Confederacy. That flag has nothing to do with being proud to be a southerner.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Poppy, you are so good at finding pictures of hatred and trying to connect hatred to Southern Pride. If I were you're first grade teacher I would give you an A+.

Why must you believe that everyone who has Southern Pride is a member of such a vile group of people like the KKK? Why do you believe that you know me? Why all this hatred toward Southern Heritage? Has someone hurt you? If I have hurt you in some way then I apologize.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Do you feel the people in that photo Poppy posted are mentally ill? I never said I was superior to anybody. And yes, I am judging the KKK based on the statements and actions they support. You are defending a flag that represents bigotry and treason. And I do have southern pride that has nothing to do with the Confederacy. That flag has nothing to do with being proud to be a southerner.
You called me a "sad excuse for a human being". Who feels superior over the other?

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
This thread has shown me that while alot of people accuse southern people that fly the Confederate flag of being racist against black Americans that they are just as racist against Southern Americans.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Lake View Too, I have no idea how to define mental illness but I am pretty sure the young boy who went into that church and killed all those people must be. That is my primary point in that we do not know how to detect and treat mental illness if that in fact is the cause because this keeps happening over and over.

I do not know one person who was a member of the KKK so I can not answer that question. My opinion would be that they are pretty weak in character for sure.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Lake View Too, You are a wonderful human being I am sure but you are not superior to me or any other person who has Southern Pride. The only hatred I feel is from those in this forum who are very good at judging and maybe hating others who do not agree with them.

Teresa I am all for flying the flag of understanding and honor but for you to believe that ALL people who fly the confederate flag for hatred and bigotry is not very understanding or even correct. I do agree with you about the debate. It was eye opening for me to feel all the hatred toward Southern Pride and realize that we as a nation have a long way to go before we heal from the wounds of the Civil War if ever. I think many people are just so dang reactive that they will not allow themselves to stop and think about what they are saying. Just read all the posts and tell me what side of this debate does hatred exist.

I didn't say ALL people anything. Please stop putting words (ALL people) and emotions (hatred and bigotry) into other people's posts. Just because I believe that we should honor and respect all people by not flying the flag in our public court house lawn does not mean that I've therefore judged all who fly that flag privtely or publicly. In fact, I've asked you many times to PLEASE fly your own flag. FLY it proudly!

You either agree or disagree. No one is asking you to do either.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
This thread has shown me that while alot of people accuse southern people that fly the Confederate flag of being racist against black Americans that they are just as racist against Southern Americans.

When did a a geographical region or a culture become a race?

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Teresa, I apologize. You never said ALL people who fly the confederate flag are racists and bigots. I guess I feel ganged up on and did not take time to read your words correctly. Haste makes waste and my statement was incorrect about that.