• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Certain beaches along the Emerald Coast are completely packed in July, from PCB to Destin. Some people like the energy and crowds, the action... I don't go to the beach in July. Except an occasional sunset. Schools start earlier and earlier so relief starts in August. But by October, everything is perfect again.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I've never seen as many people on BMB as there are today. And its not even a holiday week.

seal

Beach Lover
Apr 17, 2006
And the TDC just keeps the marketing spigot open full blast.

Hopefully, this will somewhat self correct: some guests will see the overcrowding, the lack of infrastructure (adequate roads, proper road signage), the out of control chair vendors, and just go somewhere else in the future. How does this provide for a relaxing vacation?

trebrd

Beach Crab
Dec 30, 2013
I've been going to the South Walton Beaches on and off for the last 20 years or so. I had begun to notice some of the items people are complaining about in this and other threads for the last 5 or 6 years. Now, I am returning for the first time in 3 years for a September vacation. I sure hope I find the old Florida beach town feeling and beautiful water and beaches that I remember. Good luck to South Walton and to all of us vacationers as these growing pains are dealt with and hopefully overcome.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I've been going to the South Walton Beaches on and off for the last 20 years or so. I had begun to notice some of the items people are complaining about in this and other threads for the last 5 or 6 years. Now, I am returning for the first time in 3 years for a September vacation. I sure hope I find the old Florida beach town feeling and beautiful water and beaches that I remember. Good luck to South Walton and to all of us vacationers as these growing pains are dealt with and hopefully overcome.

You should be fine in Sept. Unless you're coming in labor day weekend! Lol.