• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
150212-meltdownon30a-019-sowal-2000.jpg
Gotta have a grilled cheese! The popular Meltdown on 30A “Gotta Have Grilled Cheese” sandwich shop is now open at a second location in The Village of Baytowne Wharf in Sandestin.

The Meltdown at Baytowne will offer the same great traditional and specialty grilled cheese sandwiches as the Meltdown on 30A airstream in Seaside FL! Located on the lagoon near Adventure Zone, Blast Arcade/Laser Maze and playground. Now you can stuff your face with a meltdown in Baytowne!

11873434_1195989933750819_2751792045636091435_n.jpg

Follow The Baytowne Melt on facebook for photos & updates on menu and happenings in The Village.

It's good stuff y'all. Breakfast (grilled biscuits), lunch & dinner.

Sun Chaser

Beach Lover
Aug 18, 2015
Miramar Beach
I sincerely hope The Meltdown makes it in that location.

The last three ventures, (Hamburger joint started by Marlin Grill owners), Baytowne Beer Garden, Subway have not lasted a year. That location within Baytowne is off the popular "runway", so you really have to market and promote The Meltdown as much as possible over in the lawn area, the parking area, the entrance ways, and the main street in Baytowne (if Baytowne will allow this kind of marketing). Yes, it is across from the playground, Moo La La, and Blast, but the foot traffic in that corner is not nearly as much as the other side of Baytowne.

Please don't take this as negative; I'm trying to give information that will help the business.

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
I sincerely hope The Meltdown makes it in that location.

The last three ventures, (Hamburger joint started by Marlin Grill owners), Baytowne Beer Garden, Subway have not lasted a year. That location within Baytowne is off the popular "runway", so you really have to market and promote The Meltdown as much as possible over in the lawn area, the parking area, the entrance ways, and the main street in Baytowne (if Baytowne will allow this kind of marketing). Yes, it is across from the playground, Moo La La, and Blast, but the foot traffic in that corner is not nearly as much as the other side of Baytowne.

Please don't take this as negative; I'm trying to give information that will help the business.
Good info - it's a great spot to be on the water but a little out of the way.

tide12

Beach Lover
May 9, 2006
Serious suggestion: Put a BIG sign on the roof reading "GRILLED CHEESE", visible from across the water. And start serving hand cut fries, or at least good frozen crinkle cuts. It might survive then.