• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

seafun

Beach Comber
Anyone care to share their pontoon rental experience? We are interested in renting a pontoon (for an upcoming family event), somewhere between Destin and Panama City Beach. We are particularly interested in the the best location/bay for fun, the quality of the equipment and of course, the price. Thanks!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Anyone care to share their pontoon rental experience? We are interested in renting a pontoon (for an upcoming family event), somewhere between Destin and Panama City Beach. We are particularly interested in the the best location/bay for fun, the quality of the equipment and of course, the price. Thanks!

I haven't rented in awhile but there is a good selection of companies renting and I believe the competition has evened out prices.

Main difference in locations depends on what you like. Both have plenty to do. Destin is more crowded and compact. Crab Island in Destin is great for meeting other people and is the party place in season.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
You mentioned family so I would strongly advise against Crab Island. Shell Island (PCB) is much more family friendly and there seems to be more pontoon rentals. Regardless get a reservation as they book months out.