• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Kendal Marse Transcript (appeared under subpoena with immunity)

I figured the interview transcripts would produce some good one liners, but nothing as precious as this one...

Page 7, Line 24 : "I was trying to get my AA. I couldn't never pass math."

Nice... the one that the County had handle the money "couldn't never pass math"...

How about the language classes?

Did her then relationship to Freeport Mayor Mickey Marse have anything to do with her being hired with Walton County? Most likely.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
"...but there was always that undercurrent or there was
always that appearance of something that was
unethical, immoral, or illegal that -- that I was
not aware of
". - Lyle Seigler (Past Walton County Administrator)

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I wanted to think that Melissa Ward was a fairly stand up individual but now I'm having second thoughts.

Not only was she cozy with developers, she was cozy with THE developer who didn't have to pay almost a million dollars in fees. (Childhood friends)

From those transcripts, Marse admitted the calculation error was hers but that Melissa Ward handled the property at Lakeside, Blue Mountain Bch. and should have caught the error but didn't. Why? Because it was her childhood friend?

The fact the district attorney didn't give that little bombshell more than a cursory glance speaks volumes also.

The fact that developers were "gifting" people in the planning department whit spas, lunches, trips and even a vehicle didn't raise any eyebrows in the SA office either?

This really was a witch hunt and the SA office was NEVER LOOKING TO ACTUALLY PROSECUTE ANYONE FOR WRONGDOING !

Pat Blackshear may well have lied and probably is guilty of perjury but had the SA office really wanted to to prosecute people for wrongs done in the planning department...just these 2 transcripts alone gave them ample opportunity to prosecute other individuals.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
And you wonder why we have traffic problems

Read Anna Hudson's transcript

From those transcripts

MR. DRAKE: Interestingly, the county, in its contract with you, says you're supposed to update annually the percentage of project development buildout. But then they're not providing you with the information to be able to do that. Is that -- MS. HUDSON: That's a fair -- MR. DRAKE: -- accurate? MS. HUDSON: That's a fair statement. MR. DRAKE: Do you get the impression that the county just doesn't want to deal with it, or do you think it's motivated by money? What do you think is causing this? MS. HUDSON: Honest -- MR. DRAKE: Well -- or you may not be qualified to answer that, so -- MS. HUDSON: Yeah, I don't -- I don't know if I --

Why would he not let her answer the question?

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
At this point, after only reviewing a few of the posted transcripts, I think its more than fair to say the following:

This was an incompetent prosecution team that even though having literal tons of evidence to use, presented a kindergarten argument to the Jurors and obtained pre-school results. As Commissioner Chapman said; "a grand jury can indict a chimpanzee."

There are clear and direct links from over-compensated and poorly trained, poorly managed county employees, linking to high dollar, crooked developers. The links seem to be orchestrated and arranged by past and present Board of County Commissioners (Elected Officials) and other high level County Leaders. It could (should) be argued that Developers (insert name) and Elected Officials Conspired to Defraud Walton County Taxpayers. That is your criminal investigation Mike and Bill. It's clear as day, yet you two pretend to ignore it. Shame on you both.

The County has blown through multiple County Administrators, one of whom is quoted as believing there was "criminal activity" (see previous post with quote). Why have we had such difficulty with retention of a County Administrator? Perhaps its because they didn't like where the "orders" were coming from and got out before they got hooked in.

At this point, seeing that there are thousands of more pages of evidence in just the transcripts alone, its time for additional action.

Here is the number for the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's Division that may want to get involved - Executive Investigations 850-410-8240. Scott Mclnerney is the head of that division.

The State needs to re-open the Grand Jury Investigation and assign a Special Prosecutor to continue the case. The Prosecutor needs to be from an unrelated area and their team needs to be 100% impartial and not have ties or links to Walton County. Someone with strong Financial Experience and someone with a strong Planning Background need to be part of that team. This needs to be done in addition to the Auditor General's piece.

Let's not forget that one of the heads of this farce of an investigation was State Attorney Greg Anchors. His brother is Larry Anchors (President of Small Business Association). You can go do your own research and find the links and draw your own conclusions on that one.

What we are seeing and will continue to see is the manner and culture in which Walton County was built on and has grown from. Through political favors, kick backs and out right corruption, this County has grown and criminals have profited. The problem goes all the way to the top, as both the Sheriffs Office and State Attorney have been so kind to show us.

No other criminal charges? No further investigation? That in its self needs its own Grand Jury.

BeachArkie

Beach Lover
Jun 27, 2008
Seagrove
Not only was she cozy with developers, she was cozy with THE developer who didn't have to pay almost a million dollars in fees. (Childhood friends)

The fact that developers were "gifting" people in the planning department with spas, lunches, trips and even a vehicle didn't raise any eyebrows in the SA office either?

There goes any chance these were mistakes. Orange jumpsuits for everyone I say!

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
There goes any chance these were mistakes. Orange jumpsuits for everyone I say!

If you are serious, please call the FDLE number I listed an earlier post.

Ask them to re-open the case. All the evidence is sitting up at the DeFuniak Springs State Attorney's Office. It's almost as easy as shooting fish in a barrel.