• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DebraJ

Beach Comber
Aug 8, 2014
www.30alocalproperties.com
In the earlier parts of its history, the Rhodesian ridgeback has also been known as Van Rooyen's lion dog, the African lion hound or African lion dogsimba inja in Ndebele, shumba imbwa in Shona—because of its ability to keep a lion at bay while awaiting its master to make the kill.

This dignified, muscular dog, a combination of scenthound and sighthound, needs brisk walking every day and the chance to run as often as possible.

This is not a breed to sit quietly in your yard all day. Young Rhodesian Ridgebacks are especially rambunctious, bore easily, and can excavate vast holes.

The most territorial of the hounds, the Rhodesian Ridgeback is aloof with strangers and should be accustomed to people at an early age so that his guarding instinct remains controlled rather than indiscriminate.

Rhodesian Ridgebacks can be dominant with other animals, especially with other dogs of the same sex. Some individuals are fine with the family cat, while others are predatory chasers of anything that runs.

Rhodesian Ridgebacks: What's Good About 'Em? What's Bad About 'Em?

Last edited:

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Mike Jones, you there?

Sounds like the suspect may be receiving some favorable assistance in this and possibly the past incident.

Next question is WHO is this suspect possibly related to or connected to that he can shatter a Priests jaw (reportedly sucker punched) and not be arrested on scene?

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
A quick Google search shows that Torey Geile works for Destin Roofing Inc. Think about that the next time you need roofing work done.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
Would you care about the wishes of the victim if he had been shot or stabbed? This innocent individual has been assaulted!

Poppaj, I don't have a dog in this hunt. (pun intended) And John G raises a good point as to why the suspect was not arrested at the scene. Did he flee? All I said was since he was not arrested without a warrant, there is no harm in taking time and making sure everything is right. And to answer your question, the victim's wishes play a part even in stabbing and shooting cases. There have been numerous cases where charges have been dropped/reduced due to the victim refusing to cooperate or requesting this result. Often it is because they do not wish to testify or the suspect is family/friend.

Dec 23, 2015
PoppaJ- I am wondering the same thing. Nothing was done when the first police report was filed for pointing a gun with a silencer in the neighbors face. WCSO became aware of that prior report within 3 hours after the incident with Father Tom. And yet nothing has been done. If anyone else in this world was caught with a gun outside of Butler they would've been arrested first and questioned later. But shooting a rattlesnake is ok?

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
Depends on where the rattlesnake is in relation to your foot. :) But in fairness to the Sheriff's Office, once they did not arrest at the scene, they were at the mercy of the SA. And the SA is at the mercy of the Judge. If the victim wants to press charges I would bet a good bit of money that the warrant will be signed. When I was a deputy I was often frustrated with the slowness of the process, but over the years I learned patience.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
Poppaj, I don't have a dog in this hunt. (pun intended) And John G raises a good point as to why the suspect was not arrested at the scene. Did he flee? All I said was since he was not arrested without a warrant, there is no harm in taking time and making sure everything is right. And to answer your question, the victim's wishes play a part even in stabbing and shooting cases. There have been numerous cases where charges have been dropped/reduced due to the victim refusing to cooperate or requesting this result. Often it is because they do not wish to testify or the suspect is family/friend.
You're thinking about when the Mafia threatens the victims into dropping charges or the perp is heavily connected. Nah, just kidding Danny, I understand what you're saying. It's just a shame when a highly volatile individual like this gets to walk and then feels emboldened. If he gets away with this he will surely strike again and I pity his next victim.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
I don't know anyone involved and am not familiar with the incidents. But, I don't blame you for being concerned and would make sure everything has been documented for the future.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
I realize this is going to sound political but this is the type of person I fear the most, emboldened armed angry white male, not some random Muslim terrorist the Presidential candidates would have you freaking out about.