• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
John G I am not defending anyone. But being fair is important to me whether I agree or not. And I think it is important for everyone to understand the process.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
John G I am not defending anyone. But being fair is important to me whether I agree or not. And I think it is important for everyone to understand the process.
Let's also hope he gets a fair trial. Even though the tar is hot and the feathers are being plucked, I still want this man treated fairly in every step of the process. There could be some surprising facts about his behavior none of us are aware of.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
Heard today Torey and his dogs had also been causing some problems in over in Bayside Subdivision.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Surprisingly (to me), this epic failure by The Sheriff's Administration, under Adkinson, as well as Judge, D. Green, has made the front page of my favorite fish wrapper, the Walton Sun.

While normally this free rag of paper sits decaying on neighborhood drive ways and clogging storm drains, this Front Page story may put it back into favor with those that don't want the usual unicorns and rainbows B.S.

From what is reported, neighbors are afraid to walk their dogs in the Bayside Community. Nice, fear to go out and walk a dog...

Perhaps the fifedom of the Sheriff can use its Animal Control Division to look into these issues and serve the community as opposed to making excuses.

This entire situation is simply ridiculous and the quote in a previous article should have been; "there was so much B.S. flying...", not about the "fur flying" as stated by our sheriff...

Let your PIO comment next time your office steps in the dog poop Sheriff...

Magee

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2011
Miramar Beach Florida
Just thought I’d give an update on Father Tom’s condition and how he is doing. Over the last two Sundays he has been present at mass; unfortunately due to the fact that his speech is limited he was unable to totally participate in the celebration only to help the visiting priest say mass.

The Miramar Beach Community and members of Resurrection Catholic Church have been devastated to say the least. Father Tom and Bridget’s his Golden Labrador Retriever are local icons in the community. Everyone enjoys visiting with Bridget while Father Tom walks her daily. I’ve always noticed that anyone in the Miramar Beach area has no problem talking with Father Tom and receiving counseling regardless of their religious faith.

Father Tom thanked the people at church today for their ongoing prayers he looks forward to the day where he can have a steak dinner. He has lost 25 pounds due to this ordeal and would not recommend this kind of diet to anyone. He is in good spirits looking for the day that has jaw is un-wired. Again please keep him in your prayers for a speedy recovery.

BHH916

Beach Crab
Oct 5, 2016
Miramar Beach
This went to court yesterday for a motion to dismiss. First of all, I'm an atheist; zero bias either way.

It started out with testimony from Mr. Geile, then Father Tom's friend, then Father Tom, then Mrs. Geile. From the testimony I heard, I do not see how Mr. Geile determined that Father Tom was a threat to him. The only thing Mr. Geile described as a "threat" was that Father Tom had pointed at him, while yelling at him. Those were not Mr. Geiles words. Mr. Geile stated that "Father Tom was advancing toward him with his arm extended". The other testimony appeared to confirm that Father Tom was merely pointing at Mr. Geile; yelling at him "that he needs to get his dogs under control". Father Tom said that he was in fear that he may be watching his dog get killed right in front of him, so that is why voices were elevated.

Mr. Geile & Mrs. Geile tried, but failed (in my opinion) to paint a picture that either Father Tom, or his friend were forcefully restraining Mrs. Geile on the ground. Mr. Geiles testimony was calm & cool. However, there were a couple of outbursts during Geiles testimony because some people felt that what Mr. Geiles was saying to be outright false. Father Tom was pretty calm during testimony as well, but it was clear he was very distressed about having to talk about this incident. As Tom described what was happening to his dog, then him; I became pretty emotional myself. What made matters worse, was that Mr Geiles attorney, Clay Adkinson; was interrogating Father Tom as if he were a hostile witness - which was not even remotely the case. Father Tom did very well under that pressure, and maintained a straight forward accounting of his version of the story. Judge Wells, had to warn this attorney three times to tone it down, and even told him that if he needed to take a break to blow off some steam, that was an available option.

Mrs. Geiles testimony seemed to contradict Mr. Geiles in most instances. I could tell that the Judge was studying her very closely during her testimony. That, coupled with the behavior of the attorney, and the facts testified to; led to the ultimate denial of the motion to dismiss. Geiles attorney said he was going to appeal the decision, but I firmly believe nothing will come of it. The charges remain, and given the severity of the charge... Geiles will almost certainly have to take a plea deal in order to avoid jail time. Had this been a trial, and had I been a juror, I would have voted to convict from what I heard. Mr. Geiles does not really have a defense at this point, as he admitted in open court that he did in fact punch Father Tom.

I'd like to point out that during one of the breaks, I saw Father Tom in the hallway. Not knowing anything about me, he greeted me with a huge smile. He seemed to have an overwhelming aura of "just being a really nice person". So much, in fact... I felt the need to let him know how well he did in court, and to let him know that I was happy he & his dog were doing alright. For someone who has never been through a court preceding, he handled himself quite well. I think its horrible that a mans dog gets viciously attacked for no reason, then he gets viciously attacked for trying to help his dog.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Thanks for the blow by blow account of the case. Funny how you don't hear about it any more except for the last post (prior to yours) from Mosquito Control Commissioner McGee in January. No media coverage any more.

Funny how you also don't hear anything about the alleged Freeport Dog Fighting Case that WCSO had so much media press on. That case is going on two years and I hear its not going well.

Keep us posted.

Gingersnap

Beach Lover
Jul 23, 2016
Santa Rosa Beach
What made matters worse, was that Mr Geiles attorney, Clay Adkinson; was interrogating Father Tom as if he were a hostile witness - which was not even remotely the case. Father Tom did very well under that pressure, and maintained a straight forward accounting of his version of the story. Judge Wells, had to warn this attorney three times to tone it down, and even told him that if he needed to take a break to blow off some steam, that was an available option.

Like father like son.

jkmason

Beach Lover
Mar 10, 2014
My wife and I met Father Tom last year. We were so impressed. He came across as such a gentle and friendly person. So sad to hear about this situation. We wish him the very best.