• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Walton County

Southbound U.S. 331 traffic from the Choctawhatchee Bay Bridge to State Road (S.R.) 20 in Walton County will be reduced to one lane beginning Wednesday, June 8 and continue for approximately two months as crews perform construction work between Sparkleberry Avenue and S.R. 20.

This work is part of a reconstruction project to multi-lane 4.6 miles of U.S.331 from the north end of the Choctawhatchee Relief Bridge to south of S.R. 20.

Construction activities are weather dependent and may be delayed or re-scheduled in the event of inclement weather. Motorists are reminded to pay attention to the speed limit when traveling through the construction area and to use caution when driving in the work zones.

For more information, follow the Florida Department of Transportation District Three on Twitter @myfdot_nwfl or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MyFDOTNWFL. For information on the project, like us on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/UsHighway331.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
That's just stellar.
Ok I know it has to be done. But it is going to be a booger for those who live in Freeport or further north and drive to SoWal every day. And the few who live in SoWal and drive north every day.

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
That's just stellar.
Ok I know it has to be done. But it is going to be a booger for those who live in Freeport or further north and drive to SoWal every day. And the few who live in SoWal and drive north every day.
I make the journey north several times per week from here in SRB. It's been an interesting few years.

Wuchie

Beach Lover
Apr 10, 2012
So my husband and I are visiting 30A in July, as we love to do every year. We are coming from St. Louis, but we really want to avoid the construction on 331. I know some folks say it's only 15 or so miles, but it really is a challenge. We were considering using the Mid-Bay Bridge as an alternate, but it seems as though it's got it's own issues. I am providing two possible alternative routes ... well I think they are possibilties, but my map skills have deteriorated since grade school. I want to know if either of these two routes are options and how far out of the way we are going I order to arrive at Santa Rosa beach (Eastern Shores Condos).
331 to I-10 to 79 to 98 to 30A or 331 to 20 to 79 to 98 to 30A
Obviously, we are willing to add mileage to avoid the construction on 331 ... help!

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
Don't do that hwy 79 through panama city. The 331 construction is not that bad. Traffic flows. The new bridge is open.