• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Bill Pope, developer and owner of W Development Inc., announces construction has begun on Point Washington Apartments, a new $44 million multifamily development consisting of luxury apartments, coming to Santa Rosa Beach, Florida, in Fall of 2017.

The 11 building, three-story, garden style apartments and clubhouse are being developed by W Development Inc. and built by Moss Construction. The 264 units will be split equally into one bedroom/one bathroom and two bedroom/two bathroom units. Square footage will range from 715 sq. ft. to 1,075 sq. ft. A studio efficiency unit will be offered for both floor plans.

The gated, 31-acre development with commercial frontage will be located on US Highway 331, .25 miles south of the Choctawhatchee Bay in the southern coastal area of Walton County. The property is adjacent to 15,407 acres of protected Point Washington State Forest.

“The growing South Walton area has been in demand of long-term luxury rentals,” said Bill Pope. “This location will provide a waterfront lifestyle within close proximity of Highway 98 and Scenic Highway 30A.”

Point Washington Apartments is the first and only site in Walton County to gain approval for beach to bay access. Bordered by Bowman Bayou, the development will have kayak docking facilities, fishing boardwalks, outdoor grills and a boardwalk nature trail leading into the state park will be provided for residents. Additional amenities include a clubhouse/community center, fitness center with cardio equipment, weights and private rooms for classes, cyber café and coffee bar, swimming pool with Jacuzzi spa, children’s playground and dog park.

Units will be available Fall 2017. Rental prices will range from the low to mid $1,000s. Units are not for sale. Specific pricing and unit pre-leasing will be available spring 2017 on the property management’s site Home - Pinnacle or by calling W Development at 850.654.6522.

About W Companies
W Companies was formed in 1990 by William Pope Sr. and William Pope Jr. Through integration of experience and specialized skill the umbrella company now includes W Architects, W Development and W Capital; bringing more than 60 years of combined experience in real estate development. W Companies is located at 4100 Legendary Drive, Suite 240, Destin, Florida, 32541. To find out more please visit W COMPANIES or call (850) 865-1101.

pwa2.jpg

Last edited:

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Is this another development that was originally proposed as "affordable housing" for South Walton?
Probably...but we all know that is as common as a unicorn in SOWAL. Just like TerraMar went from "affordable" to "luxury" before the build out.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Probably...
The project has Bowman Bayou frontage, and the residents of 264 units will be sharing our public beaches. :dunno:
Where is Bowman Bayou? I have lived in the shadow of Pt.Washington SF for 30 years and have never heard of Bowman Bayou. When I Google it no map comes up but it is tagged as a "river". I found something that said it is an alternate name for "Little Bayou"...(which is no way, shape or fashion a "river".) I sincerely hope that the developers are letting the folks they are advertising the "bay to beach" access to, let them know that their only access to the beach is via 331/98/285 or west on the Choctawhatchee Bay thru East pass in Destin or Choctawhatchee Bay west via the intercoastal to West Bay in PCB.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
The studio efficiency should also be of concern...

This is just one example of false advertising "beach to bay"...

The property is about 8 miles from the beach.

Doodles Forest Road is to the East.

Perhaps there's some easement with beach access from some historical real estate purchase, like the mess going on over there at Seacrest Beach with all the developments dumping in to the condo on the south side of 30a. (Sunset Beach).

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Where is Bowman Bayou? I have lived in the shadow of Pt.Washington SF for 30 years and have never heard of Bowman Bayou. When I Google it no map comes up but it is tagged as a "river". I found something that said it is an alternate name for "Little Bayou"...(which is no way, shape or fashion a "river".) ...
Littles Bayou is to the east of Bowman Bayou, bordering Daugettes on the west. Bowman Bayou is just to the west of The Estuary (bayfront subdivision), which is at the end of Doodle Forest Rd north of 98.

I believe the property in question is approx the yellow area in this aerial... there has been a large sign on 331 for quite awhile describing apartments.

pwa.jpg