• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

fletch7245

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2012
I have pretty much stayed neutral in this race. The first reason is it has been very negative. Secondly none of the threads have talked about why someone should support a candidate. Third, there are 2 other commissioner races that may have the same impact and not a lot of talk. Since the Our Generation group hasn't been as active or maybe I quit noticing them.
I will be glad when the 30th is over and we can move on from there. Maybe we could be a little more civil and discuss the issues in the general.
Very well said!

Born&Bread

Beach Lover
Jul 31, 2016
Santa rosa beach
It's tough standing against the ole boy system. I can't imagine the pressure she faces. Imagine what goes on behind the scenes. Just look at the tactics her opponents have taken in this race. It's a shame people go negative when they have nothing positive.
We are standing up against the bad ole boy system. Cindo and her followers.

Patriot Games

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2014
An extremely well put post. We need a QUALIFIED person as our Dist 5 Commissioner! That certainly is not Tony Anderson, though I'm sure he is a nice man. Afterall his name is Anderson. Just keep our well qualified, experienced, well educated Commissioner we have now...Cindy Meadows!!!!
Nobody cares about qualifications Andy, but I wish it was your way. This place is full of cowards. They want to sling mud? Great, I'll sling it right back. There are PLENTY of facts about who the good ole boys are in black and white and WHY they do what they do. It's not for pride, preservation or conservation as our great seal says. It's for money and influence and power. It's about greed. It's what's ruining america today. It's about what lawyer you have and who you are related to. The demographics of SOWAL are most of us don't have family ties here but cross that bridge and it all changes. Friendships and family don't make good bedfellows in government, some things aren't meant to be nice or kind, they"re meant to be followed and their meant to be fair and impartial. They are called laws and rules and the good ole boys still want control of giving who they like exceptions.

The town of South Walton will end much of this debate, if the county won't relent in letting over development crush our lifestyle and overload our infrastructure then we will do it ourselves. That's what america is all about.

:whack:

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Your story has been discredited...

I don't care if someone picked up hundreds of signs and one errant sign was in the bunch...that happens...they look alike. Not a big deal.

I want a commissioner who doesn't behave like the one in the video.

Discredited really? I already asked you this once Indestructible but I'll ask again because you can't seem to answer simple questions. How has my story been discredited?

Why is it the Sate Attorney got involved in this (without my asking or prompting) and my property was returned to me today?

I want a Commissioner who won't lie, cheat and steal as a means to their own end. I want a Commissioner who takes responsibility for what could have been (in the beginning) an honest mistake! There ceased to be anything honest about Cecilia Jones actions when she knowingly took a sign from the PDL DOT work yard that she positively knew DID NOT belong to the Tony Anderson Campaign.

You want a Commissioner that doesn't act like the one in the video? Really? Where were you Indestructible when Cecilia Jones threw an ABSOLUTE HISSY FIT about the "Phony Tony" signs erected at the annex (atop some very tall trees, I heard) and DEMANDED THEY BE REMOVED? Yet another attempt by Cecilia Jones to take away freedom of speech! Maybe, just maybe, you were the one so busy throwing the damn fit that you didn't have time to record yourself acting a freaking FOOL showing your own backside!

Let me ask you this also Indestructible, you seem to think you are so invincible (sorta like Cecilia Jones herself) WTH are you going to do when I show up at the Courthouse in Defuniak (perhaps dressed like Lady Godiva or in a tutu and coconut shells) wearing the "Phony Tony" signs and walking the sidewalk? Have me arrested? Yes, let's go there darlin! Just remember the State Attorney has already returned my private property because there was absolutely nothing he could do about them so know this before your next move...they can't keep me off public property or prevent me from walking the sidewalks and I can't be jailed for it either! My landlord won't throw me out for carrying my own property either.

Aug 3, 2016
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Hold up just a minute! You and all the other trolls who joined this list in the last couple months have been asked repeatedly, over and over and over again to name just one lie that's been said here about T. Anderson and no one has come up with even half of a lie.

Fact! Anderson was a mail carrier for 30 years.
Fact! Anderson has absolutely no experience in County government and knows nothing about the LDC and Comp plan.
Fact! Anderson is completely backed by the very individuals who have exploited the LDC and Comp. plan that have created the majority of the issues SoWal now faces in regard to infrastructure and the traffic and parking problems created in SoWal because of them!
Fact! Anderson has NO CLUE how to manage a multi million dollar budget. In fairness, neither do ANY of the other current Commissioners as evidenced by all the lawsuits the taxpayers have footed the bill for!
Fact! Not one single idea Anderson has presented as his own for correcting mistakes of the past are his OWN ideas. Those ideas have come from his backers who have created the problems!
Fact! Anderson FAILED to show at open forums where he had an opportunity to be his own man and answer tough questions put to him by the very people he now wants votes from!
Fact! Anderson has been seen cavorting all over the county with a current Commissioner and it WAS and IS Cecilia Jones own husband who told it, ALL over the county!
Fact! Anderson OWNS no real property in this County and has no skin in the game!
Fact! Anderson is completely backed by the SBA and their agenda!
Fact! Anderson's backers ARE responsible for the negative campaign ads against Cindy Meadows and it is a PAC.
Fact! Anderson's backers have spent plenty of money to smear Meadows but how much have they spent helping our neighbors to the West of us who were literally drowning in their own homes? Life really is about priorities NOT politics!
Fact! The sign regarding Anderson says "Phony Anderson" NOT "Tony the Phony" although the message it carries are one and the same and are true!
Fact! Anderson CHOSE to have his life exploited, ridiculed and questioned by voters when he CHOSE to run for County Commissioner. Anderson CHOSE to belly up to individuals including Cecilia Jones and the SBA who are currently responsible for the mudslinging in the District 5 race and they all have proven time and time again they will stop at nothing to keep things just the way they have always been in Walton County.
Fact! There are people (voters mind you) who want OPEN, HONEST GOVERNMENT, OPERATED IN THE SUNSHINE and I have not met one person on Anderson's "dream team" who SUPPORT those ideals!

Last but certainly not least Indestructible, I and most of us who post on SoWal are PRIVATE CITIZENS who have chosen to OUT corruption and want real and meaningful change. Our private lives have NOTHING what-so-ever to do with ANY of the choices Anderson has made and we assuredly did NOT deserve to have our families or our children's lives exploited by Cecilia Jones and Anderson supporters. Not one of US here have drug families and children of ANY candidate into this mudslinging, pi$$ing contest EXCEPT YOU, earl, Jasper C, Phil Good, Cecilia Jones herself (posting under a pseudonym because she's a coward) Robert Nelson also posting under a pseudonym because he's a coward and all the other trolls who registered here recently to defend the BS!

Fact! The only thing that has been said about Cecilia Jones son is that he is a vendor.
Fact! The only thing that has been said about Anderson's children is that some of them are also vendors.

I have no interest in answering speculation wrapped as facts. Your opinion is yours and you are entitled to it, but it does not make it true.

Incidentally, never once did I mention someone's child, ever. Not. Once. I have disagreed with you but never attacked your family or anyone's.

You and others on this board spent months bashing Tony Anderson and are now reacting with horror when people who support him are defending him aand pointing out some of the reasons a person might not want to vote for Meadows.

My mother always taught me that if you harass and bully someone enough eventually they will fight back. That is what has happened here: you poked and prodded and insinuated and criticized so much that people who know and like Cecilia Jones, Tony Anderson and their families stopped sitting on their hands and started defending them.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I have no interest in answering speculation wrapped as facts. Your opinion is yours and you are entitled to it, but it does not make it true.

Incidentally, never once did I mention someone's child, ever. Not. Once. I have disagreed with you but never attacked your family or anyone's.

You and others on this board spent months bashing Tony Anderson and are now reacting with horror when people who support him are defending him aand pointing out some of the reasons a person might not want to vote for Meadows.

My mother always taught me that if you harass and bully someone enough eventually they will fight back. That is what has happened here: you poked and prodded and insinuated and criticized so much that people who know and like Cecilia Jones, Tony Anderson and their families stopped sitting on their hands and started defending them.

Yet again, you make all these accusations that my statements and comments are untrue yet you have absolutely nothing to back that up with! I didn't say you in particular attacked my family. I said it was done by the group trolling this board in defense of Tony Anderson. You ARE part of that group!!

Aug 3, 2016
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Discredited really? I already asked you this once Indestructible but I'll ask again because you can't seem to answer simple questions. How has my story been discredited?

Why is it the Sate Attorney got involved in this (without my asking or prompting) and my property was returned to me today?

I want a Commissioner who won't lie, cheat and steal as a means to their own end. I want a Commissioner who takes responsibility for what could have been (in the beginning) an honest mistake! There ceased to be anything honest about Cecilia Jones actions when she knowingly took a sign from the PDL DOT work yard that she positively knew DID NOT belong to the Tony Anderson Campaign.

You want a Commissioner that doesn't act like the one in the video? Really? Where were you Indestructible when Cecilia Jones threw an ABSOLUTE HISSY FIT about the "Phony Tony" signs erected at the annex (atop some very tall trees, I heard) and DEMANDED THEY BE REMOVED? Yet another attempt by Cecilia Jones to take away freedom of speech! Maybe, just maybe, you were the one so busy throwing the damn fit that you didn't have time to record yourself acting a freaking FOOL showing your own backside!

Let me ask you this also Indestructible, you seem to think you are so invincible (sorta like Cecilia Jones herself) WTH are you going to do when I show up at the Courthouse in Defuniak (perhaps dressed like Lady Godiva or in a tutu and coconut shells) wearing the "Phony Tony" signs and walking the sidewalk? Have me arrested? Yes, let's go there darlin! Just remember the State Attorney has already returned my private property because there was absolutely nothing he could do about them so know this before your next move...they can't keep me off public property or prevent me from walking the sidewalks and I can't be jailed for it either! My landlord won't throw me out for carrying my own property either.
I may not like your political speech but it is your speech, it is protected speech, and you can march in a personal parade of signs if you want...I do not care.

Your story was discredited because you made it seem like Jones ordered some sort of sweep from FDOT, then went to Holmes County and said a bunch of Tony Phony signs were her property, and then refused to return them, and then said you didn't want your sign back because you got a new one, and then you called the sheriff to get it back, all according to this thread.

Turns out FDOT removed all the signs everywhere and jones had nothing to do with it...she picked up hundreds of signs for multiple candidates because she's a nice person and ONE of them happened to be a Tony Phony sign mixed in with the real Tony signs....and it was returned as soon as it was actually located.

But you did manage to get what, three agencies of government on the case.