• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Debbie johnson

Beach Comber
Oct 14, 2016
Seagrove
I may be moving to the South Walton area next year, can anyone advise me on things about all the areas along the 30A...such as, looking to rent, what areas if any, would I not consider to live in.....for safety reasons... thank you...

Jerry Lewis

Beach Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
Stay east of Miramar Beach. We should just give it to Destin. Stay west of panty maw city Beach. We should just give it to Bama. Same for Defuniak Springs. Seaside is pretty but lots of tourists.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
Stay east of Miramar Beach. We should just give it to Destin. Stay west of panty maw city Beach. We should just give it to Bama. Same for Defuniak Springs. Seaside is pretty but lots of tourists.
And we should build a wall around 30A and give it back to the gulf.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
I may be moving to the South Walton area next year, can anyone advise me on things about all the areas along the 30A...such as, looking to rent, what areas if any, would I not consider to live in.....for safety reasons... thank you...
Do not discount any area based on another's opinion. Every area has its pros and cons. It's what you want that is most important. Come down, look around and then make your choice. I searced for seven months and spent time renting different places before I decided where I wanted to purchase a home. I enjoy visting every area down here each for different reasons.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Just do your homework on pricing around here. It isnt cheap.....

Debbie johnson

Beach Comber
Oct 14, 2016
Seagrove
Do not discount any area based on another's opinion. Every area has its pros and cons. It's what you want that is most important. Come down, look around and then make your choice. I searced for seven months and spent time renting different places before I decided where I wanted to purchase a home. I enjoy visting every area down here each for different reasons.
Thank you. I plan on exploring the area next weekend and again in the near future. I don't mind tourists, as I work with vacation property management..just looking for renting in a nice area...My rent now is 1250 for a 2 bedroom 2 bath house ..so the high rent wouldn't be news to me...it is going to depend on what is Nice and yet affordable....

HD Lady

Beach Fanatic
Mar 10, 2009
Santa Rosa Beach
If you want to get an idea of rental costs in the area, you should check out recent posts in the Long Term Rental forum. Also, please refer to JodiFL's post (above).

Debbie johnson

Beach Comber
Oct 14, 2016
Seagrove
Thank HD Lady. I have been looking on that site...getting an idea....can you tell me anything about those areas that I need to know? I was down there a few times and fell in love in with the area...btw do you own a Harley? I ride but don't own a bike...