• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
ArtsQuest is a South Walton Mother's Day Weekend Tradition!

The 29th annual ArtsQuest Fine Arts Festival, a Mother’s Day weekend tradition, takes place May 13-14 at Grand Boulevard in South Walton, Florida. Produced by the Cultural Arts Alliance of Walton County, ArtsQuest provides an opportunity to view and purchase original art from over 200 artists from around the country while also experiencing live musical entertainment, ImagiNation (where kids rule), student exhibits and great food & beverage options in the Town Center of Grand Boulevard at Sandestin.

The 2017 ArtsQiest Featured Festival Artist is Christon Anderson.

Anderson’s custom artwork titled “Next Quest” will be the featured image on all ArtsQuest marketing materials for the festival, including posters and merchandise.

ArtsQuest-2017-Christon-Anderson-688x1024.jpg

Presented by Grand Boulevard at Sandestin, ArtsQuest will feature Anderson and over 150 other artists in various mediums including, but not limited to, ceramics, glass, oil and acrylics, photography, sculpture, metal and wood. These exhibiting artists from around the United States will compete for awards and cash prizes totaling $10,000.

The Festival will also offer heritage art demonstrations, a CAA member artist exhibit, a Walton County student exhibit, continuous live music and entertainment, and “ImagiNation: where kids rule.” A full cash bar will be available throughout the weekend in Grand Park.

Volunteers are needed throughout the weekend to work on all aspects of the festival. Those willing to help can sign up at www.culturalartsalliance.com/volunteer or email renee@culturalartsalliance.com.

ArtsQuest Fine Arts Festival | Grand Boulevard at Sandestin
Saturday, May 13 | 10AM - 7PM
Sunday, May 8 | 10AM - 5PM

For more information about the ArtsQuest Fine Arts Festival see ArtsQuestFlorida.com. The event is free and open to the public (with a minimum donation requested at the door).

Follow ArtsQuest on Facebook for updates!

ArtsQuest began as a small community gathering in Grayton Beach in 1989 and now features nearly 200 exhibiting national, regional and local artists competing for $10,000 in cash awards, art workshops, live art demonstrations, music, food, wine, ImagiNation (where kids rule) and more.

ArtsQuest 2015 Photo Gallery | SoWal.com

150510-grandboulevard-142-sowal-2000.jpg

SOUTH WALTON ART WEEK
ArtsQuest is part of Art Week South Walton, a collaboration of visual, performing and literary arts events presented in diverse formats and venues throughout South Walton in May. Art Week South Walton also includes the Northwest Florida Theatre Festival, Digital Graffiti and the Seaside Writers Conference.

Visit ArtWeekSouthWalton.com for more information about ArtsQuest as well as other Art Week events.

Last edited:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
The 2017 ArtsQiest Featured Festival Artist is Christon Anderson

About Featured Artist Christon Anderson:

Born and bred in Florida’s Northwest panhandle, Christon Anderson was provided an opportunity for his many talents to blossom. His athletic skill and ability were recognized in high school where he received both local and state accolades. After a stint in the military, he returned home with a hunger to find his voice and be heard as these journeys brought him outside his everyday routine and opened his eyes to a whole new world.

He studied drawing with local luminary, Roland Hockett, and was fascinated by the artistic visual possibilities of photography under the tutelage of the late Johnnie Ihlfeld. Anderson was encouraged by commissioned works and fine art portraiture. These positive responses continue to bolster the serious interest in his work.
He has now developed a recognizable style using a variety of traditional mediums that both stand alone and meld, creating visionary, intuitive, abstract, three-dimensional works of art. His anchor on this stormy sea of creativity is his wife Kristina. Their daughter Isabel Rain and son Coleman Ray will always be works in progress providing endless inspiration.
Home

cacf6aadee25a834bf0f31ae4ee1926a

Anderson’s custom artwork titled “Next Quest” will be the featured image on all ArtsQuest marketing materials for the festival, including posters and merchandise.

“I’ve been a participant in ArtsQuest for years and feel honored to be this year’s featured artist. I love this festival and everyone involved in it,” says Anderson. “I am proud to work with the Cultural Arts Alliance and appreciate their philosophy of total dedication to the arts and artists in our area. I am happy to play my part in their cause.”

“I have personally been a fan of Christon’s work since I first met him at ArtsQuest many years ago,” says CAA Executive Director Jennifer Steele. “His talent has often been recognized by our judges, and it is our honor to feature him and showcase his beautiful custom ArtsQuest creation, ‘Next Quest.’”

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
ArtsQuest began as a small community gathering in Grayton Beach in 1989

Bigger is not always better!
I do remember the original Grayton Beach art festival. The street in front of the Red bar was closed off and that was where it was held. I still have two pieces of art from then.

It's totally different now but lovely. Always enjoy the art and festivities. At Grand Boulevard, the scene is pretty cool, easy parking and fun to stroll the streets.