• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Are you a Choctawhatchee Electric Cooperative (CHELCO) member?

Do you support solar energy and don't mind paying a bit more to have this renewable energy as a source of power at your home (residential renters too!!)?

Is individual solar impractical or too expensive?

If so, CHELCO is offering a cooperative, affordable way to bring solar to our community.

You can subscribe to a block of solar electricity for a monthly fee. The fee is either $26 for a five-year or $27.50 for a one-year commitment.

This fee pays for a community solar array. As a not-for-profit, our management and board want to offer solar to the many CHELCO members who've asked for it. However, because of the high initial costs, the decision was made not to pass those costs along to the entire membership.

Subscriptions are for a block of solar electricity - a portion of the array's output - and you will get a monthly solar credit for a portion of your electric bill. The credit is expected to average 208 kilowatt-hours monthly (depends on solar output - for example, it may be higher in summer and lower when persistently cloudy). With this credit, your subscription will have, on average, a net increase of $11 or $12 per month on your electric bill, before taxes.

Subscribers will share in the pride of bringing this renewable energy to our community. Once the array is operational, the first 90 subscribers will also receive a window sticker showing that your home is "Powered by Co-op Solar."

For more information, please post questions here or call our marketing department at (850) 307 - 1122. You can also visit our website at www.chelco.com or fill out an interest form at I'm interested in CHELCO's Cooperative Solar project | CHELCO.Solar.JPG

bentley

Beach Crab
Jun 2, 2010
I am interested in an investment, to save money, and to help mitigate effects of climate change. I would like to add panels to my home and be able to sell or receive credit if I feed excess to your grid. Can you let me know what the policy is?

gunshy69

Beach Comber
Oct 20, 2014
Freeport
www.paintproflorida.com
I am interested in an investment, to save money, and to help mitigate effects of climate change. I would like to add panels to my home and be able to sell or receive credit if I feed excess to your grid. Can you let me know what the policy is?
I can help you with solar on your home. Chelco doesn't install panels on your home. suncoastenergysolutions.com In addition, you can help others go solar, as well. Christine