• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

fletch7245

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2012
John for the most part, I agree with a fair amount of your posts so let the record state, I'm one of the idiots that didn't lock my car. Yes , twice in 17 years I left my car unlocked and twice they got me . But it all honesty, I spoke for 15 minutes with the sheriff when he took my statement and you are way off base with your facts and assumptions and go to WCSO.org and see the rocket scientists that did the dirty work and read the WHOLE story.. So rather then spread what could be construed as fake news, lets agree on a few common things. One lock your cars, your house and leave no valuables where people can misappropriate them and two, secure your belongings before Erma gets them, and three stay safe !!!

justhavinfun,

You have contributed some good discourse to this discussion, but I encourage you to save your breath. Bob Wells (a really good guy) and I were having a rational conversation on this issue when pappaj and johng made us aware that anyone that has a lapse in memory is an idiot and should go to jail if they leave their car unlocked and someone steals a gun, tire iron or ball bat and hurts or kills someone, the idiot should be charged. Pappaj and johng don't seem to realize that many of us mere mortals do not walk on water nor are we infallible as they obviously are. Over recent years society has moved more and more to find fault with everyone but the bad guys.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Wonder just how many deputies were actually on patrol in SoWal during these incidents... sounds like the know / knew where the "traveling bands of criminals" will be.

“It is not uncommon to have traveling bands of criminals in areas where they know that they have, for instance, mothers inside with children,” Walton County Sheriff Michael Adkinson said.

SoWal wont let me post the article from NW FL Daily Today... The above quote is from that article.

It is in reference to high smash and grab crime rate that targets women with kids.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
justhavinfun,

You have contributed some good discourse to this discussion, but I encourage you to save your breath. Bob Wells (a really good guy) and I were having a rational conversation on this issue when pappaj and johng made us aware that anyone that has a lapse in memory is an idiot and should go to jail if they leave their car unlocked and someone steals a gun, tire iron or ball bat and hurts or kills someone, the idiot should be charged. Pappaj and johng don't seem to realize that many of us mere mortals do not walk on water nor are we infallible as they obviously are. Over recent years society has moved more and more to find fault with everyone but the bad guys.
Idiot yes, jail no. You should be shot and skinned alive in public with your belongings distributed among the poor souls who suffered because of your poor judgement.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Fifteen car burglaries were reported over the weekend in the south end of Walton County— all vehicles were left unlocked and one firearm was stolen.

Seriously people? How stupid can you get to leave a gun in an unlocked vehicle? You don't deserve to have a carry permit if you're going to be that stupid!!

It's no secret I'm a big critic of WCSO, credit when it's due, questions and critique as needed.

I heard about this today at work and was dumbfounded.

If any of these vehicles were unlocked, blame falls to the last one using that vehicle.

If any unlocked vehicle owner expects our law enforcement to actively work your burglary to auto case, perhaps you need to pay for the investigative costs...

Our law enforcement needs to spend it's time on other cases, like the Kindals Hair Salon Attack.