• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
The City Council including Mayor Campbell were served tonight at City Hall to appear before a Grand Jury Jan. 16, 2018.

Mac Carpenter and Sara Bowers will also be served.

This is in regard to money the city was unable to collect and other money that did not go where council directed and can't be accounted for.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
I told you this was coming

I hope you don't expect much because if you do, it will only be a HUGE disappointment.

I look for this to end pretty much like the last one did. (A joke)

I'm pretty sure there will be a couple of "fall guys" though.

Suzanne Harris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008
Some day Bill Eddins will pleasantly surprise everyone and do the right thing. Not just cover the cake with icing.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Some day Bill Eddins will pleasantly surprise everyone and do the right thing. Not just cover the cake with icing.
c26d8fa6fbd881e51be16e85baba2c87.jpg

MorningGlory

Beach Lover
Jul 18, 2016
sowal
I sincerely hope that you're right. I'm usually an optimist, but with this miracle, I'll have to see it to believe it. And if it does happen it will only be when it gets to a point that he's forced to. ☹️ If the only reason that someone does the right thing is because they're forced to, they are still the sorry, sad excuse of the person they were to begin with. Just my opinion.

MorningGlory

Beach Lover
Jul 18, 2016
sowal
Is this how Grand Juries work?
If it is, seems that criticizing State Attorney Eddins is a little unfair.
How Does a Grand Jury Work? - FindLaw
Yay!! I'm so thankful that Google helped to answer the first question from your post for you. It's a wonderful facts generator! however, I'm sad to inform you that goggle nor Siri can help you get a clue about the intricately woven happenings of our very own Walton County and how IT operates.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Yay!! I'm so thankful that Google helped to answer the first question from your post for you. It's a wonderful facts generator! however, I'm sad to inform you that goggle nor Siri can help you get a clue about the intricately woven happenings of our very own Walton County and how IT operates.
I was just curioushow the system worked. That said, it seems you don't believe the system works. If what I have read about the investigation is true the States Attorney assigned someone to investigate the issue and now enpaneled a Grand Jury. I am not sure how many people serve but surely most aren't immuned from what occurs in the county in general. It also seems that there is an investigation in Okaloosa being performed by the same States Attorneys office.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
But this site can.