• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Nikki Lee

Beach Comber
May 16, 2018
It’s that time again when the yellow flies are around and biting. The South Walton Mosquito Control located on Highway 393 is providing free black balls for each homeowner in South Walton County. For further information feel free to call 850-267-2112. We suggest that you bring some form of ID showing that you are a property owner in South Walton since this is a service that is only provided to residents of South Walton at no cost.

I am attaching a YouTube linkage which has a video of the product it is well worth taking the time to look over. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGoQ24Kti-s&t=3s

As always, we also invite you to go to our website to place any work orders or if you would like to have your property inspected by one of our workers to reduce mosquito breeding area.

Respectfully,

John J Magee Chairman

South Walton Mosquito Control District
Cactus Juice works wonders for me!!! I believe South Bay Ace and For the Health of It carry it....

Magee

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2011
Miramar Beach Florida
Cactus Juice works wonders for me!!! I believe South Bay Ace and For the Health of It carry it....
I have been hearing a lot of good things about Cactus Juice. I have never used but plain getting some, also you can get on Amazon. Several pro shops also are carrying it for the golfers.

Arlene

Beach Comber
May 9, 2013
It’s that time again when the yellow flies are around and biting. The South Walton Mosquito Control located on Highway 393 is providing free black balls for each homeowner in South Walton County. For further information feel free to call 850-267-2112. We suggest that you bring some form of ID showing that you are a property owner in South Walton since this is a service that is only provided to residents of South Walton at no cost.

I am attaching a YouTube linkage which has a video of the product it is well worth taking the time to look over. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGoQ24Kti-s&t=3s

As always, we also invite you to go to our website to place any work orders or if you would like to have your property inspected by one of our workers to reduce mosquito breeding area.

Respectfully,

John J Magee Chairman

South Walton Mosquito Control District[/QUOT

Are there more or less yellow flies at or near the beach. I live in Pt. Washington and they are wicked there? Need a place outdoors to walk!

Arlene

Beach Comber
May 9, 2013
Are there more or less yellow flies at or near the beach? I live in Pt. Washington and they are wicked here. I need a place to walk outdoors!!

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Are there more or less yellow flies at or near the beach? I live in Pt. Washington and they are wicked here. I need a place to walk outdoors!!
I am pretty sure they are worse in the woods in Point Washington. However they are near the beach too especially just before dusk. I have rarely seen them on the beach.

Magee

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2011
Miramar Beach Florida
Yellow flies seem to be worse this year than last. In the month of May, the South Walton Mosquito Control District located on Highway 393 N. handed out over 1400 black balls. Come by our offices if you have not already picked up your black ball. One per household, you must reside within our district, please bring proof of residency. Remember yellow flies fly during the daytime and early evening. Other than using mosquito spray with DEET there is not much you can do.