• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

lazin&drinkin

Beach Lover
Apr 13, 2010
If there's no plan to enforce .. Who cares?
I suspect you will find there is a difference between no enforcement and no arrests for civil trespass. WCSO says it will respond to such calls and will try to mediate on-site. I suspect most trespassers will not argue with an armed deputy who tells them they are trespassing and will peaceful leave as required by law as pointed out by the deputy. The few who do not can reasonably be expected to not make the deputies happy by refusing to abide by the law, and personalities so disposed are likely to offend the sensibilities of the deputies by being confrontational. These few risk arrest and may well suffer same.

Charles Evans

Beach Lover
Oct 31, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
For those that contend that the change in law will negatively impact property values and local businesses, do you think that the constant and daily bombardment of dire postings here and on Facebook help property values and local businesses in the near term? Does scare mongering really help?

I support Customary Use, but like it or not, this will ultimately be decided by the Courts, likely several years from now. It is what it is, adjust to the practicalities of today, make the best of a situation out of our personal control and hope for the best.

I don’t see how crying wolf on a daily basis helps, and in fact, likely just scares tourists away. It’s not an ideal situation, but sometimes you need to make lemonade out of lemons until the situation settles.

EZ4144

Beach Lover
Aug 6, 2005
I suspect you will find there is a difference between no enforcement and no arrests for civil trespass. WCSO says it will respond to such calls and will try to mediate on-site. I suspect most trespassers will not argue with an armed deputy who tells them they are trespassing and will peaceful leave as required by law as pointed out by the deputy. The few who do not can reasonably be expected to not make the deputies happy by refusing to abide by the law, and personalities so disposed are likely to offend the sensibilities of the deputies by being confrontational. These few risk arrest and may well suffer same.
Wherever people are told to leave, 100 customary users should show up within the hour and stand their sand.

The Sabols

Beach Comber
Aug 10, 2017
SRB
This is all I see when reading some of these posts. So sad that we all live in one of the most beautiful places on earth and some have nothing better to do but b**ch and moan.

Hey Dave, how about we organize a sit in on the wet sand area at Vizcaya at Dune Allen. Perhaps we can all enjoy a cool beverage at the waters edge with Mr. Hackmeyer and his paid security "force."

Attachments

• hey-you-kids-get-off-my-lawn.jpg
    hey-you-kids-get-off-my-lawn.jpg
    890.7 KB · Views: 69

gailforce

Beach Lover
Aug 29, 2015
Seacrest
This is all I see when reading some of these posts. So sad that we all live in one of the most beautiful places on earth and some have nothing better to do but b**ch and moan.

Hey Dave, how about we organize a sit in on the wet sand area at Vizcaya at Dune Allen. Perhaps we can all enjoy a cool beverage at the waters edge with Mr. Hackmeyer and his paid security "force."
Better to b**ch and moan, than to act on it constructing unnecessary drama. You start out all sweetness and light, then you dim.

Low Brow

Beach Lover
Jan 13, 2014
As someone who was arrested twice for trespassing(younger years) and nearly arrested for trespassing a dozen or more times(still younger years), if the property line is not clearly marked with a no trespassing sign, it's not enforceable.........just saying.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
As someone who was arrested twice for trespassing(younger years) and nearly arrested for trespassing a dozen or more times(still younger years), if the property line is not clearly marked with a no trespassing sign, it's not enforceable.........just saying.
Private property is private property. Maybe you mean that in the case of beachfront the lines between private and public are difficult to discern without markings.