• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Why would anyone have voted for Scott Brannon? To ease development restrictions even more? Wasn’t that part of his platform, or at least the platform of his supporters?
Yes. If they had their way there would be no restrictions. High rises everywhere.

Jones and Nick same crowd. Unfortunately quality of life and the environment are still outnumbered on the BCC.

Everytime

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
Shelby County, Alabama
Yes. If they had their way there would be no restrictions. High rises everywhere.

Jones and Nick same crowd. Unfortunately quality of life and the environment are still outnumbered on the BCC.

That’s what I thought: they basically just pass the torch and keep a slight majority, with Anderson being in their camp too, and that coalition often looking out for the so-called “small business” little guy special interests: beach chair vendors, developers, etc.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008

I know of a group who sends a questionairre out to candidates for BCC. One of the questions is do they support raising the height limit, and we have not had one who have returned one say they would support that.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
I know of a group who sends a questionairre out to candidates for BCC. One of the questions is do they support raising the height limit, and we have not had one who have returned one say they would support that.
Of course they won't admit it. And maybe they feel that way. But they will do what their backers tell them to do, or be replaced with other puppets.