• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
The first step of creating a #SouthWaltonConnector road from 30a to Hwy 98 was approved 4-1 by the Walton County Commissioners. Step 1: approving $597,780 for professional design and engineering services. #SouthWalton @WMBBTV

Shannon Lince

Beach Lover
Sep 9, 2018
Florida
The first step of creating a #SouthWaltonConnector road from 30a to Hwy 98 was approved 4-1 by the Walton County Commissioners. Step 1: approving $597,780 for professional design and engineering services. #SouthWalton @WMBBTV

Pave paradise and put up a parking lot... front row center seat right here.

Shannon

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016

Another study that goes nowhere.

Emerald Drifter

Beach Fanatic
Jun 8, 2018
Santa Rosa Beach
$600,000. Complete, total waste of money.

How many bike paths/sidewalks could that build on existing North/South connectors? Holiday Road, 393.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
When traffic backed up from 395/30A to the Tom Thumb, people cried for another connector.
While traffic can still back up at times, the traffic signal has effectively alleviated most of it, or at least the times I've been through it seems to have solved a lot of the problem.
If customary use isn't upheld, many of our visitors are going elsewhere.
So, there is no need for another connector anymore.

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
A number of options have been looked at for another connector road. With every one of them there are common sense issues. Options either split the forest, damage wetlands, fauna, and wildlife habitat, too near to Watersound Parkway to make a difference, too near to 395 to make a difference, affect a neighborhood and on and on. Unfortunately, the favored option by those pushing for a road is along the power lines that already exist. Alabama Power may have issue with that (they own/have the easement), not to mention that Forestry is likely to say NO. About the only way I can imagine a road being approved at all through the forest would be to make it an elevated road and they cost big bucks so I find it hard to imagine Walton County spending the money for that. Worst of all is that all the St. Joe sector building that is going to occur over the next 50 years may end up using that road to get to the beach unless St. Joe is going to open up it's Watercolor/sound properties to their other developments. Building more roads typically brings more people. Just an unfortunate reality.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
When traffic backed up from 395/30A to the Tom Thumb, people cried for another connector.
While traffic can still back up at times, the traffic signal has effectively alleviated most of it, or at least the times I've been through it seems to have solved a lot of the problem.
If customary use isn't upheld, many of our visitors are going elsewhere.
So, there is no need for another connector anymore.
Yes I think we'd be better served by adding turn lanes at existing signals on 30A and 98, and adding additional signals at danger points like next to 98 BBQ.

The 395/30A signal is working. What is the deal with the lane in front of Seagrove Market that is closed? Is that meant to be parking for the restaurants?