• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
The BCC cannot repeal HR 631, that is a state law. The vote was to declare CU applies to 26 miles of beaches less the state parks and file suit in Circuit Court to ask for a declaratory judgement as outlined in HR 631. The vote was 5-0 to proceed to court.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
The BCC cannot repeal HR 631, that is a state law. The vote was to declare CU applies to 26 miles of beaches less the state parks and file suit in Circuit Court to ask for a declaratory judgement as outlined in HR 631. The vote was 5-0 to proceed to court.

I know Danny but in listening to bits of phone videos I thought the vote was to try and repeal. The online video of the whole meeting is not available yet. Saw 4 or 5 different videos so I obviously misunderstood and was confused.

I know the BCC can't repeal as its a legislative act.

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
I know Danny but in listening to bits of phone videos I thought the vote was to try and repeal. The online video of the whole meeting is not available yet. Saw 4 or 5 different videos so I obviously misunderstood and was confused.

I know the BCC can't repeal as its a legislative act.
Not meaning to be argumentative, but Danny is correct. This was approval of: "a formal Notice of Intent to affirm the existence of recreational customary uses on beachfront property in Walton County, Florida."

This is one of the steps outlined in HB631 in order for the County to proceed with the lawsuit to seek a judgment by the court affirming CU on the private beaches of south Walton County. WC now has 60 days to file with the court.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
REPOST:::::

Anonymous Original question:
This whole issue is some beach front owners claiming people haven't been using the beach? And therefore shouldn't be allowed to ever use it again?

Anonymous reply::

Nope. From what I can tell from research, and listening to this meeting, it’s the exact opposite! The state and county sold beachfront property that was sold at a huge premium and deeded as private property down to the water. Been that way since like 1920, whenever it started. The county didn’t keep up with tourist growth, by managing or buying enough public beach or roads or parking, etc., then they allowed some family members of Board with beach chair companies to dominate the public beach that was available. So as beach supply didn’t meet demand, got crowded, they tried to undo the private sale of property by taking back private property from the owners in 2016 with a CU ordinance to cover their butts. That was illegal because it violated state law. So the State overwhelmingly passed a law called 631 to make the Board and all FL counties, follow the State Constitution and sue all of the beachfront owners with a land grab called CU, and let the courts rule on it. They are misinforming the public by telling them CU has always been there. But apparently it never has. But they voted in this meeting to sue all Walton County beachfront owners to basically steal their property, instead of doing their jobs and properly managing budget, beach access, infrastructure. They’ve convinced the rest of residents of county that the beach is theirs, creating a mob mentality of entitlement. The taxpayers don’t know any better because they haven’t heard what we did in this video. It’s really ugly for the county.

Emerald Drifter

Beach Fanatic
Jun 8, 2018
Santa Rosa Beach
Is the county going to proceed with the lawsuits and still allow for 50% of its public beaches to be used by commercial beach chair vendors? Does the county not think that the BFOs' attorneys will not hammer on this?

Clear the beaches that WC owns and make them 100% public before proceeding. It's time.