• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Northern Illinois vs Buffalo at Ford Field, Detroit
Utah vs Washington at Levi's Stadium, San Francisco
Marshall at Virginia Tech
Texas vs Oklahoma at AT&T Stadium (aka Jerry's World), Dallas
UAB at Middle Tennessee State
Stanford at California
Memphis at UCF
Alabama(-12.5) vs Georgia at Mercedes Benz Stadium, Atlanta
Fresno State at Boise State
Northwestern vs Ohio State(-13.5) at Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis
Clemson(-25.5) vs Pittsburgh at Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte

Which QB will pass for more total yards in their respective games above? Alabama's Tua Tagovailoa or Oklahoma's Kyler Murray

Which QB will pass for the most touchdowns in their respective games above? Oklahoma's Kyler Murray or Ohio State's Dwayne Haskins

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
NEAR FINAL RESULTS

Our Alabama bias came out to bite many of us as they failed to cover the spread and Tua looked like a mere mortal. Kyler Murray easily won the total yards contest passing for 379 yards to Tua's 164 yards. Dwayne Haskins passed for an incredible 499 yards and 5 TD, besting Murray.

WEEKLY RESULTS
Bob Wells 10
Lady D 10
Red Dawg I 10
Skunkape 9
aTm Mom 8
Bac 8
Beach Runner 8
Cnestg8r 8
Kurt 8

PRESEASON PREDICTION RESULTS

Remember way back when we started the season how we picked a race between two QBs, season win totals and who would make the playoff? I went and tallied it all up and am posting those results here. EVERYONE picked Clemson and Alabama in top four. A few got Oklahoma, nobody saw Notre Dame coming.

aTm Mom 50
Kurt 50
Beach Runner 45
Cnestg8r 45
Skunkape 45
Bac 40
Red Dawg 40
Bob Wells 35
LadyD 35

GRAND TOTALS

I added preseason results to rolling point totals (which I corrected for all).

aTm Mom 167
Kurt 164
Cnestg8r 159
Skunkape 156
Red Dawg I 149
Beach Runner 142
Bac 139
Bob Wells 139
LadyD 129

And as always, if you spot any of my infamous fuzzy math, point it out.

We are not yet done! I will put up Army/Navy game with some extra points that can be picked up.

Bac

Beach Lover
Jan 30, 2013
Next 30 days, will post how we get some more entries, maybe even ( lots ) more interest 2019

Some of you will like it...maybe some not...after all you like do not participate FANTASY FOOTBALL... but millions of others do...

But I will offer to” keep track” of the results...and it will NOT B FANTASY F$$TBALL...( promise)

In the meantime...www.cbssports.com.....go to college football where they rank the bowl games...39 teams all in...

And then scurry on over to sportsline.com, and have a look...

Next year, thinking AT and Kurt gonna have a heap of “ figuring” raining down on them, as there will be no benefit to when you post...

( pretty EZ to figure out what that advantage is) And maybe you’d like me to ‘ splain it...( maybe not)

Next year, might could take a lot more .....

REMINDER...AM ONLY LOOKING FOR MORE ENTRIES INTO OUR CONTEST!

Congrats to this years winners!

Last edited:

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
LAST CHANCE TO SCORE POINTS! Have fun:spin:

Saturday, December 8

Navy at Army (-7.5)

The Over/Under for Army/Navy is 40 points. Will MORE or LESS than 40 points be scored?

Which team will score more total points? ARMY or NAVY

Which team will score FIRST (Offense or defense first to earn points)? ARMY or NAVY

Which team will score LAST (Offense or defense last to earn points)? ARMY or NAVY

Which team will rush for more yards? ARMY or NAVY

Which team will pass for more yards? ARMY or NAVY

Which team will kick more field goals(not PATs)? ARMY or NAVY

Which team will recover more fumbles? ARMY or NAVY

Will this game feature an interception? YES or NO

If someone wants Fantasy Football, do it. 30A Skunkape started the pick'ems as a friendly game. There's no point in waiting until the last minute to copy a leader's picks because you can't get ahead of them doing that. There'd be no differentiation. You'd have to pick at least one game differently, and which one(s) would it be? I like Skunky's extra questions. You can't look that up on CBS or Sportsline or Vegas or whatever. I like the way Skunky is doing things.

cnestg8r

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Army (-7.5)
Less Than 40
Army
Army 1st Score
Army last score
Navy rush yds
Army pass yds
Army FG
Army fumble rec
Army feature int

Bac

Beach Lover
Jan 30, 2013
Fantasy?

- My CFB loving arse!

No , was thinking more along the lines of a “ confidence pool”

Each week, depending on the number of teams playing, we all still pick winners.

It’s just we assign a “ value “, say 15-14-13-12..all the way down to...1 point to each of our picks...GUARANTEED to generate some really interesting weekly results...and each week likely to have a different winner...still play for cumulative wins over the course of the season..Just it’s points we are after.

Moreover, EZ to expand our reach to a more diverse selection of teams both within...and outside of ...the states we presume to be near-and -dear to our football pool loving participants...which hopefully gets us a bunch more participants!

Our GulfCoast community is far more diverse than mostly just Southern Cooking...way more second-homers than you might imagine...just ask Chamber of Commerce!

- We still keep a southern flavor, but each week we reach a bit further afield

And each week, like typical confidence pools, we wait until game day to post everyone’s picks...Still time to “ compare notes”..still time to oogle ( or google) your results as the day unfolds...

and you you want Fromm,or Army/ Navy yards-from-scrimmage tie breakers...
NO PROBLEM!

aTmMom

Beach Lover
May 9, 2007
Texas
Bac, you can ‘splain’ it to me because I have no idea wait you mean. I’m pretty sure everyone has the same opportunity to oogle google as the next person and I almost always wait to post the morning of the first game. And by the way I don’t use CBS or Vegas. Curious though, how do you make your picks?

Bac

Beach Lover
Jan 30, 2013
Good idea.

Let’s start by looking at what a “ confidence pool” is.

It depends on how confident you are in each one of your picks...Thus they are not all “ equal”.

As for CBS or Vegas? Like you say, we can all oogle, or google. Even just the words “ confidence pool” ...

Making picks for real $$ is a lot different than picking who will win the game, or not.

A “ confidence pool” serves to bridge the gap, and can involve a bit more effort.

So...to answer your question...Unless I am traveling for biz, I wager every day. Making picks for real $$ forces me one into a much deeper look at things...including looking several seasons back...And only choosing 1-4 games a day...whether baseball or hockey, whether North, South, East or West...

Last edited: