• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Walton County, FL - Home Page

Description: The Board of County Commissioners, hereinafter referred to as " the County" is accepting sealed bids for the construction of proposed roadway improvements in accordance with the construction documents for the East Point Washington Road in Walton County, Florida. Improvements include milling and resurfacing approximately 1028 LF of an existing two-lane rural roadway and construction of approximately 2412 LF of new two-lane rural roadway with roadside swales. The work also includes soil stabilization, grading, paving, minor drainage, erosion control, signing and pavement markings.

Bid closes January 29, 2019 no later than 3:00PM local time,.

IT IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE VENDOR TO ENSURE THAT BIDS ARE RECEIVED IN THE PURCHASING DEPARTMENT OFFICE. BIDS SENT TO A DIFFERENT DEPARTMENT WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. OUR OFFICE IS CLOSED ON ALL FRIDAYS. OUR AREA IS NOT A GUARANTEED OVER NIGHT FED EX DELIVERY. PURCHASING IS CLOSED ON ALL FRIDAYS. WE WILL ALSO BE CLOSED ON DECEMBER 24 & 25, 2018, JANUARY 1 & 21, 2019.

A Mandatory pre-bid will be held January 8, 2019 at 9:00AM in the conference room at the Public
Works Building located at 117 Montgomery Circle, DeFuniak Springs, Florida 32435

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Hallelujah!! Although I will miss the dirt road my daddy cut off from the old Point Washington - Santa Rosa Beach road, as well as the portion between the "S" curves, which was actually part of the old, old road, as I've ridden/walked/driven that road all of my life. But, it is part of the Eden Gardens State Park land and if they wish to reforest it, that is their right. And if they are repaving the paved part of East Point Washington Road, that is certain to be a major PIA with the construction. However, paved access to Point Washington will be a blessing. It used to be rare to even meet another car on the dirt portion of East Point Washington - one reason it earned the nickname "Drunk Road." Now, there are so many people using that road that it being narrow and unpaved is dangerous.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Hallelujah!! Although I will miss the dirt road my daddy cut off from the old Point Washington - Santa Rosa Beach road, as well as the portion between the "S" curves, which was actually part of the old, old road, as I've ridden/walked/driven that road all of my life. But, it is part of the Eden Gardens State Park land and if they wish to reforest it, that is their right. And if they are repaving the paved part of East Point Washington Road, that is certain to be a major PIA with the construction. However, paved access to Point Washington will be a blessing. It used to be rare to even meet another car on the dirt portion of East Point Washington - one reason it earned the nickname "Drunk Road." Now, there are so many people using that road that it being narrow and unpaved is dangerous.
It is a crazy road. At one point I saw a proposal to 4 lane the currently paved portion and have it go all the way to 331. :creepy:

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I'm not so sure about the 4-laning, but connecting it to 331 would make some sense to get around without getting on 98.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
I'd love for it to go all the way to 331. Or, follow the old road to 331. Problem is state forest...also people turning left off of 331 thinking they are on 98 and getting hopelessly lost and showing up at my house. We already had somebody last summer pull up in our yard looking for Cassine Garden...you have to know where I live to fully understand the magnitude of that :blink:

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Will "Drunk Road" be re-aligned? Has anyone looked at the plans?
Thanks...

Yes. If going down the long, straight part, instead of turning right to go through the S curve, it will go more or less straight and come out behind Pt Washington Estates, more or less catty-corner with Ivy Lane. They began clearing and building over a year ago, but discovered wetlands (the south end of Fate Love Bayou - just a trickle and some very wet ground; guess they didn't think it went that far) and therefore required yet another round of permits. Once completed, there will be another subdivision south of Pt Washington Estates that this road will service.
The dirt portion of East Point Washington Road that will be abandoned is state park land (yes, really, from the "T" intersection you are less than a mile from Eden) and plans are to reforest it. That is going to be a bit strange.

Last edited: