• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Reggie Gaskins

Beach Lover
Oct 4, 2018
Blue Mountain Beach
Impossible request. I would wager dollars to donuts that the majority of Walton County residents disagree with the original post ( and most likely those that folllow) in it's entirety. Not to mention the condecending and derogitory content. But feel free, as is your perogative, to keep fanning the flames.

I assure you that this is a true bi-partisan issue and we are overwhelmingly united on this specific topic.
That was the entire rationale for this post. The majority of citizens are being fed false facts. Without any avenue, anywhere, for a more fact based news flow, people are too busy to research the reality of the beach dilemma. There is a one sided echo chamber on social media and local news that censors the information that the public sees.
I would applaud the admins of this site for allowing this discussion to continue. This might be the first time that we’ve had this extensive amount of pro Constitutional property rights discussion allowed online or in print with a significant Walton audience. Normally, the true facts and property rights post is deleted, and the poster blocked from participating in the discussion. Thank you!

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
That was the entire rationale for this post. The majority of citizens are being fed false facts. Without any avenue, anywhere, for a more fact based news flow, people are too busy to research the reality of the beach dilemma. There is a one sided echo chamber on social media and local news that censors the information that the public sees.
I would applaud the admins of this site for allowing this discussion to continue. This might be the first time that we’ve had this extensive amount of pro Constitutional property rights discussion allowed online or in print with a significant Walton audience. Normally, the true facts and property rights post is deleted, and the poster blocked from participating in the discussion. Thank you!
“The majority of the people are being fed false facts”. Where do you get this gem of disinformation? The majority of the people have been enjoying the freedom of these beaches for hundreds of years in peace and tranquility. For someone who has just arrived, you seem to think you are full of facts. Please tell me what the beaches were like in 1983? Were there people using the beach who did not have a deed to the property they walked on. Duh.

Reggie Gaskins

Beach Lover
Oct 4, 2018
Blue Mountain Beach
“The majority of the people are being fed false facts”. Where do you get this gem of disinformation? The majority of the people have been enjoying the freedom of these beaches for hundreds of years in peace and tranquility. For someone who has just arrived, you seem to think you are full of facts. Please tell me what the beaches were like in 1983? Were there people using the beach who did not have a deed to the property they walked on. Duh.
I arrived here in 1991, 28 years ago. So I can't speak to 1983. But every year since, as my original post describes, we've all enjoyed 30A charm together. See, we agree! And even today, May 1, 2019, there will be hundreds of people using private beach without deed in hand. On June 1 it will be thousands. On July 1, it will be tens of thousands. As it should be. Unfortunately, the more attacks on private owners, the more signs.
You ask about false facts...
Saying public beach has been converted to private is false fact
Saying Quiet Title converted public to private is false fact
Saying HB 631 caused privatization is false fact
Saying HB 631 caused signs and ropes is false fact
Saying Customary Use has always been in effect is false fact
Saying Beachfront Property Owners don't pay taxes on property is false fact
Saying private beaches are something new is false fact
Those are all hard and true facts of law, supported by legal documents.
Which of those needs further discussion?

Last edited:

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I arrived here in 1991, 28 years ago. So I can't speak to 1983. But every year since, as my original post describes, we've all enjoyed 30A charm together. See, we agree! And even today, May 1, 2019, there will be hundreds of people using private beach without deed in hand. On June 1 it will be thousands. On July 1, it will be tens of thousands. As it should be. Unfortunately, the more attacks on private owners, the more signs.
You ask about false facts...
Saying public beach has been converted to private is false fact
Saying Quiet Title converted public to private is false fact
Saying HB 631 caused privatization is false fact
Saying HB 631 caused signs and ropes is false fact
Saying Customary Use has always been in effect is false fact
Saying Beachfront Property Owners don't pay taxes on property is false fact
Saying private beaches are something new is false fact
Those are all hard and true facts of law, supported by legal documents.
Which of those needs further discussion?
I arrived at these beaches in 1959 so I can attest to the customary use of these beaches and have photographic proof, site specific and general. The Right Of Customary Use does not “come into effect”. The Right has existed from the customary use that had been evident and documented. It seems curious to me that you have been enjoying these beaches since the early 90’s and yet just got on this website a few days ago. If you had been following SoWal for the last couple decades you would be more informed about the evidence of customary use and the feelings of the majority of beach goers in this area.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Teresa,
No one is attacking private owners. They are part of our community and most are great and also support customary use of our beaches.

Alternative facts are not facts.
Care to elaborate fact by fact as listed by Reggie? It might help some of us to understand your viewpoint.

Oh, and to suggest that most "private owners" (assuming you mean BFOs) support customary use of the beach (not "our" as you suggest else we wouldn't be having this discussion) is a little disingenuous - this fact supported by the number of owners who have filed motion to intervene.

Last edited:

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Is this issue going to be decided in a court of law, on the beaches of South Walton, or on this website? If you think you are going to "win" in the court of public opinion, it ain't going to happen. Badger on.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Just when the public has decided to let the issue rest for a while as it works its way through the courts like the BFOs wanted along comes someone new to this discussion that has been going on for years to stir the pot. Give it a rest Reggie...you arent going to accomplish anything by coming here and asking for opinions that you dont want to hear. Go hang with your beach buddies and trash talk us all you want. The courts will decide.

Reggie Gaskins

Beach Lover
Oct 4, 2018
Blue Mountain Beach
And still anticipating a discussion with the first person to answer one, just one, of those 50 questions. And no, not looking for a win here. But only honest discussion for a change. And no, not bringing anything up that is quiet. There were two intense intimidation events orchestrated by extreme activists last weekend, all directed at innocent beachfront owners. Those two events alone pushed 436 social media posts by the mob leaders. I don’t call that quiet. Respectfully, this is the only protected site where opposing views aren’t blocked.

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
While I agree that this will ultimately be decided in the courts, I'm surprised that there seems to be no appetite for some actual discussion. What if the court orders some sort of mediation? People would rather stay in court for years on end, than consider some sort of (wait for the dirty word) compromise? Maybe people like being on pins and needles or being in conflict? I find the whole scenario baffling.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
And still anticipating a discussion with the first person to answer one, just one, of those 50 questions. And no, not looking for a win here. But only honest discussion for a change. And no, not bringing anything up that is quiet. There were two intense intimidation events orchestrated by extreme activists last weekend, all directed at innocent beachfront owners. Those two events alone pushed 436 social media posts by the mob leaders. I don’t call that quiet. Respectfully, this is the only protected site where opposing views aren’t blocked.
While I agree that this will ultimately be decided in the courts, I'm surprised that there seems to be no appetite for some actual discussion. What if the court orders some sort of mediation? People would rather stay in court for years on end, than consider some sort of (wait for the dirty word) compromise? Maybe people like being on pins and needles or being in conflict? I find the whole scenario baffling.
Just keep bloviating. You already know what we think.