• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Mr. Huckabee is also a resident of Walton County. One might also argue that there are other residents of Walton County, who by virtue of their activism could be called "public figures". But hatred for those you disagree with seems to be trendy these days.
Huckabee is a very controversial and disagreeable "Christian" public figure and TV personality who invites disagreement/ridicule with his own words and actions. If you like him then say what you think instead of attacking others who don't find him to be a good neighbor. He's not my cup of tea but if he's yours then awesome. He definitely has a following who enjoys his thought process. Own it.

liz coats

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2012
I don't see hatred on this forum but I have no problem pointing out his million watt lights at his beachfront home alone make him a bad neighbor to people and turtles and other wildlife. Light polluters get no defense from me.

I've seen things he says and does publicly that are hateful though. Especially against the environment and LGBTQ peoples. I imagine he doesn't need your pity though he likes the heat in the kitchen and handles it better than most right wing snowflakes.
I happen to agree with Mr. Huckabee's response to being ridiculed on Twitter by an attorney, but then I think it's inappropriate for attorneys, holders of public office and others in positions of public trust to pop off on Twitter. Does that make me a "right wing snowflake"?

liz coats

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2012
Huckabee is a very controversial and disagreeable "Christian" public figure and TV personality who invites disagreement/ridicule with his own words and actions. If you like him then say what you think instead of attacking others who don't find him to be a good neighbor. He's not my cup of tea but if he's yours then awesome. He definitely has a following who enjoys his thought process. Own it.
Who did I "attack"?

Status
Not open for further replies.