• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
Even if we become a city I doubt we will ever become progressive or even keep pace with the times.
Got to start somewhere and "progressive" also means "professional" - not the negative connotation the right gives.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
Got to start somewhere and "progressive" also means "professional" - not the negative connotation the right gives.
No, I don’t believe progressive also means professional. As far as got to start somewhere, I agree. Maybe incorporation is the answer.

lazin&drinkin

Beach Lover
Apr 13, 2010
It's been discussed on here a lot. The consensus is county line to county line. Curious where you get your 50% figure and why is it relevant when forming a new government of South Walton.

Consensus as defined by whom? And whether the 50% figure is on the money, so to speak, it is at least as relevant as your supposed consensus and likely much closer to reality.

liz coats

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2012
"Progressive" means nothing, except that it's been substituted for "liberal". And what I think is right isn't necessarily what's right for you and I understand that. I respect the opinions and beliefs of those who disagree with me.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
"Progressive" means nothing, except that it's been substituted for "liberal". And what I think is right isn't necessarily what's right for you and I understand that. I respect the opinions and beliefs of those who disagree with me.
Semantics. "Progressive" used to mean "able to make progress". Somehow the word got perverted. In this Orwellian world I suppose "intelligent" and "caring" will soon be words used to vilify.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Fort Walton Beach City Council voted unanimously to move forward with a $100,000 small business grant program - Business Tax Receipt revenues of $103,000 will be used to fund the grant program. (3% grant administration fee/contribution to the SBDC Foundation totals $3,000 bringing the total expenditure to $103,000.)

einnadica

Beach Lover
Nov 25, 2017
NW Florida
I suppose "intelligent" and "caring" will soon be words used to vilify.
I believe they already are vilifying not only the words but also the people representative of them, well at least in the County seat. Small town, small-minded and fearful of change corruption is pervasive in County Administration. It is that Administration that wheels and deals behind the scenes to achieve their personal agendas (with the North and South Walton elite alike) to persuade the sitting commishes to come aboard with their way of "thinking". Isn't that right L, S and D? Quid pro quo in Walton is right up there with DC, perhaps beyond. Just so you know, you're not fooling anybody. Hey, maybe in four or eight years Rick Scott will win the Republican nomination so you'll be all set. South Walton, incorporate!!