• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

EZ4144

Beach Lover
Aug 6, 2005
The massive influx of people proves the point of closing the beaches. Dropping the hammer is necessary for entitled rich white people.

Sun Chaser

Beach Lover
Aug 18, 2015
Miramar Beach
We are homeowners here from rural Tennessee where there have been only 6 cases of Covid in our whole area since March. We arrived yesterday to spend time at our vacation home since we are following the rules and cannot rent. We had the sheriff called on us within an hour of our arrival from a "neighbor" who does not live in our neighborhood but was patrolling since he saw cars with out of state tags.
Though I won't say it was "traumatizing" as some have written on this forum (that people have made fun) it is however, unnerving for a police car to pull up in front of your house where you pay the mortgage, HOA, and taxes and knock on your door and ask you to step outside and see everyone's identification while your child is asking if "Mommy and Daddy are in trouble?"
The police officer was very polite and apologized for having to bother us and stated, "It's a shame we are having to waste our time and resources on these calls when we could be out fighting real crime."
I would like everyone to stay safe and follow the rules but please let's not get ahead of ourselves and assume the worst of our friends and neighbors. It's always helpful to put ourselves in someone else's shoes before applying judgement.

Welcome back to YOUR beach house. Good to see fellow Americans exercising their rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of beach happiness.

Sad to see the growing mob of tattletales in Sowal. Live and let live.

Jenksy

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2012
Welcome back to YOUR beach house. Good to see fellow Americans exercising their rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of beach happiness.

Sad to see the growing mob of tattletales in Sowal. Live and let live.
This ignorant and cavalier attitude costs lives and is why the government is necessary to step in to protect the rest of us from covidiots.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Some of these people just dont get it. Your right to the pursuit of happiness should not interfere with my right to life. I didnt have the option to sit at home when this first started until I got bored and started demanding to go to the beach and go out to restaurants. I had to be on the front lines, (you know..essential job and all) while all of you people were out there hoarding toilet paper and hand sanitizer. And now I get to deal with people from all over the country that think its some kind of joke. I think it would be kinda cool if all the employers of people with essential jobs would decide to just shut down for 1 week to give their workers a break. See how fast all these entitled folks freak out.

Easternlakefan

Beach Comber
Apr 20, 2008
Please don't forget as stated by the Governor, hotels, motels, inns and resorts are permitted to be open. Isn't the Pearl among others along 30A fit this description? Just adding a correction to the statement on current renting rules.

RL41

Beach Lover
Mar 8, 2019
30A
Please don't forget as stated by the Governor, hotels, motels, inns and resorts are permitted to be open. Isn't the Pearl among others along 30A fit this description? Just adding a correction to the statement on current renting rules.

I’m pretty sure the categories you mention are not in dispute, and generally would not fall under most people’s understanding of the term “vacation rentals”.

Easternlakefan

Beach Comber
Apr 20, 2008
True in normal times, but not now. I do know of people using the hotels, inns, etc., since they want to have their vacation on the beach. And it will increase. So the quote only locals and property owners should be on the beach isn't correct. There are others who can be on the beach legally and they are been "policed"
I’m pretty sure the categories you mention are not in dispute, and generally would not fall under most people’s understanding of the term “vacation rentals”.

just like the property owners.

SoWal Staff

Serving the Community!
Staff member
Apr 14, 2006
South Walon, FL
SoWal.com
From Emerald Coast Association of Realtors:
Following the Governor’s Executive Order for short-term rentals, we have many empty houses in our community. If you have or are aware of a vacant property that you would be willing to make available to any home-fire victim, please post the details of the property (number of rooms, kitchen, availability, etc.) and your direct contact information on this post. Once the property is filled, please update your post that it’s no longer available. Once we have the available properties listed here, anyone can direct those in need to #ECARCares to utilize this network of resources.

ECAR has also partnered with Good News Methodist church ( 4747 US HWY 98) as a centralized drop-off point for necessities if you’d have items you’d like to donate.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
There's some very ugly white privilege going on in here. Mostly by visitors and their idiotic supporters.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
We are homeowners here from rural Tennessee where there have been only 6 cases of Covid in our whole area since March. We arrived yesterday to spend time at our vacation home since we are following the rules and cannot rent. We had the sheriff called on us within an hour of our arrival from a "neighbor" who does not live in our neighborhood but was patrolling since he saw cars with out of state tags.
Though I won't say it was "traumatizing" as some have written on this forum (that people have made fun) it is however, unnerving for a police car to pull up in front of your house where you pay the mortgage, HOA, and taxes and knock on your door and ask you to step outside and see everyone's identification while your child is asking if "Mommy and Daddy are in trouble?"
The police officer was very polite and apologized for having to bother us and stated, "It's a shame we are having to waste our time and resources on these calls when we could be out fighting real crime."
I would like everyone to stay safe and follow the rules but please let's not get ahead of ourselves and assume the worst of our friends and neighbors. It's always helpful to put ourselves in someone else's shoes before applying judgement.

I'm sorry you lost your primary home to a fire or natural disaster making it imperative you evacuate to your second home. Let's cut the BS and you just admit your selfish and wanted a vacation regardless of others.

The deputies comments are what are called defusing and trust me he doesn't haven't any sympathy for you.