• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
Is the county getting in to the beach shuttle business? Perhaps AJ's, Chiringo, Zoo Gallery, and The Red Bar should fund a shuttle. A few rental companies and realtors also.

Or is $35k just for the cost of the equipment? Are drivers county employees with salary and benefits? Or is the driver a contractor to be a "tour bus" ride with driver on a mic telling Grayton Beach history and jokes?

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
If they're going to do this, we need them to put bathrooms somewhere in Grayton. All these people will need a place to go to the restroom.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Wait, are golf carts ok or not ok?
Good point. Details matter in leadership and governing.

Another question: since golf carts / LSVs were approved by this BCC because family members are in the business, who will get this and future contracts for the county run/approved shuttle business?

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
Does anyone know what the outcome of this agenda item at today's meeting?

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
I'm not surprised. I live in Grayton and I didn't know about this until I saw the topic here. Most of us had no idea this was in the works. The whole thing is very shady.

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
A few thoughts:
This shouldn't be funded by taxpayers.
A sweet deal for certain building owners / tenants.
If public funds are going to be used, should be TDC funds.
Anything is better than valet parking in Grayton Beach.
Grayton Beach is way too crowded.
It only took 20 years to ruin South Walton.

I heard something about parking in Grayton Beach now is only for residents and renters?