• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

outofadream

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2008
The Blue Mountain Beach eyesore to the right of the access was made worse by the storm. Yesterday I walked east from there and all of the “private beach owners”fencing stakes signage and even the vendor boxes are either littering the beach or have been washed out to sea… Now I suppose the private beach owners will expect the county to repair “their beach”at taxpayers expense??

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
The Blue Mountain Beach eyesore to the right of the access was made worse by the storm. Yesterday I walked east from there and all of the “private beach owners”fencing stakes signage and even the vendor boxes are either littering the beach or have been washed out to sea… Now I suppose the private beach owners will expect the county to repair “their beach”at taxpayers expense??
Yep. Eventually, the houses on the bluff will have to go or the beach will need to be renourished and the dunes rebuilt with more sand and vegetation. The current state of things in BMB and other beaches like it in our country is simply unsustainable.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Well you know what they say about the foolish man building his house on the sand. I hope/think they should let you build there but once Mother Nature takes it out to sea its just gone and they move the construction line even further back. They straight up tell you that the taxpayers are not going to be paying for anything and you better hope you have good insurance. No side-stepping the DEP to get more sand so you can build it back.

m1a1mg

Beach Fanatic
Mar 16, 2014
Lost in the world
Well you know what they say about the foolish man building his house on the sand. I hope/think they should let you build there but once Mother Nature takes it out to sea its just gone and they move the construction line even further back. They straight up tell you that the taxpayers are not going to be paying for anything and you better hope you have good insurance. No side-stepping the DEP to get more sand so you can build it back.
That is absolutely the right answer, but the county and state have shown more than once that it isn't what will happen.