• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

goin' coastal

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
Does this feel familiar??? :dunno:

THE VALUE OF YOUR HOUSE
as seen by:

Yourself

as seen by
Your Lender

a seen by
Your Buyer

as seen by
Your Appraiser

as seen by
Your Tax Assessor

DBOldford

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Napa Valley, CA
Does anyone remember greasy Dave DD of late night infomercial fame? He was the "get rich quick using no money of your own" guru. Was indicted and finally pled nolo, paying only a quarter Mil to the SEC. Bankrupted hundreds of his investors, sold thousands of worthless "how-to" packages on tv, and walked away from Hawaii owing banks and the State a gazillion dollars. These guys just keep evolving. He is now building a "Venetian palazzo" winery in the Napa Valley, where he has huge parties serving rare animals (emu, gazelle, buffalo, swan, blowfish, etc.) grilled and paired with wines. He has these gross parties for over 600 people and the amplified rock music is enough to blow your skirt up. Why can't we get these people off the streets, anyway? :dunno:

JAMESMOM

Beach Crab
Aug 28, 2006
I don't know if anyone is still paying attention to this thread but I found it while looking for information on a firm called N.R.L.L. East, LLC. This is another firm owned by the same folks who run N.R.L.L., Inc. and National Recreational Properties, Inc., Real Estate Disposition Corp. and others. They have recently contacted an elderly client offering to purchase some parcels of land in Texas that she owns. The LLC is registered in California. After reading your posts and the other information I found on the internet I'm going to tell her to stay away from these folks. Thanks for the information. :clap_1:
Ponch should be ashamed of himself.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
I don't know if anyone is still paying attention to this thread but I found it while looking for information on a firm called N.R.L.L. East, LLC. This is another firm owned by the same folks who run N.R.L.L., Inc. and National Recreational Properties, Inc., Real Estate Disposition Corp. and others. They have recently contacted an elderly client offering to purchase some parcels of land in Texas that she owns. The LLC is registered in California. After reading your posts and the other information I found on the internet I'm going to tell her to stay away from these folks. Thanks for the information. :clap_1:
Ponch should be ashamed of himself.

Glad we could be of service JamesMom! I was wondering if the "Ponch Thread" would be reborn...I missed it so--it was one of my all-time favorites.

ben dover

Beach Crab
Apr 20, 2007
Bait and switch by East LLC

:eek: They are also known as Landauction.com, National recreation properties, and East LLC.
They are big time scammers.
They have found a way to get around real esate laws.

Here is what happened to me:
Last year I bought 10 acres in potter valley, mendocino county. I received GPS coordinates and driving instructions on where the proeprty was located.
I went and looked at it, it was nice and flat.
I went back and bid 33,000. To bad someone else already owned the one I saw. Turns out mine was miles away on the tip of a moutain and completely inaccesable. Not by roads, but by marijuana farmers who had taken over the land decades ago. When we went to find the real proeprty we were sited for trespassing. I contacted a real estate attorney.
Turns out that this land had been abonadoned decades ago and the people using it actually have rights to it. If I even wanted to look at the land I bought it was going to cost me 20,000. for a lawsuit.

For months they lied to me. They said they didn't buy it at a tax lien sale. They did for 1000. Then they sold it 3 or four different times collecting down payments from people and then taking the land back if they are late on a payment, and then reselling it at the next auction. They didn't record the sales. They didn't have to do a forclosure because they never transferred title. This may be how they skirt some rules.
They didn't tell people that land had no access. They changed the brochure in the last year.
I have some phone numbers and addresses if anyone wants them.

You are right, they are scammers. I can't imagine how many thousands of dollars they have taken from people on limited incomes. That way they have less of a chance of getting sued.

I have physical disability that keeps my budget so that a lawsuit is out of the question. So I just take the loss and keep quiet and they keep stealing people money.

Re: Bait and switch by East LLC

:eek: They are also known as Landauction.com, National recreation properties, and East LLC.
They are big time scammers.
They have found a way to get around real esate laws.

Here is what happened to me:
Last year I bought 10 acres in potter valley, mendocino county. I received GPS coordinates and driving instructions on where the proeprty was located.
I went and looked at it, it was nice and flat.
I went back and bid 33,000. To bad someone else already owned the one I saw. Turns out mine was miles away on the tip of a moutain and completely inaccesable. Not by roads, but by marijuana farmers who had taken over the land decades ago. When we went to find the real proeprty we were sited for trespassing. I contacted a real estate attorney.
Turns out that this land had been abonadoned decades ago and the people using it actually have rights to it. If I even wanted to look at the land I bought it was going to cost me 20,000. for a lawsuit.

For months they lied to me. They said they didn't buy it at a tax lien sale. They did for 1000. Then they sold it 3 or four different times collecting down payments from people and then taking the land back if they are late on a payment, and then reselling it at the next auction. They didn't record the sales. They didn't have to do a forclosure because they never transferred title. This may be how they skirt some rules.
They didn't tell people that land had no access. They changed the brochure in the last year.
I have some phone numbers and addresses if anyone wants them.

You are right, they are scammers. I can't imagine how many thousands of dollars they have taken from people on limited incomes. That way they have less of a chance of getting sued.

I have physical disability that keeps my budget so that a lawsuit is out of the question. So I just take the loss and keep quiet and they keep stealing people money.

Wow! I still don't see how they are not breaking R E Laws :blink:

gib ycnan

Beach Fanatic
May 29, 2006
I got my letter from NRLL and I sent it back writing I would consider selling. The next letter I got was an offer that was LLLOOOOOWWWWW! Waterfront lot for $18,000. I threw it in the garbage and later got another letter telling me they had realized my property was worth more and to please call. I threw that letter away also.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
It never ceases to amaze me how and when some of these "old, blast-from-the-past" threads pop up now and again.

I'm still waiting for Ponch to make his appearance on late night TV to flog the land up in Sunny Hills.

/