• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Philip_Atlanta

Beach Lover
Mar 1, 2005
www.rosemaryrental.com
PrincessKel said:
**Thyme After Thyme**
Just wondering if there is anyone on this board that owns Thyme After Thyme? We have rented through Beach Rentals of South Walton and have tried all day to contact them, with no luck. THANKS!

There were no cars outside the BRSW office today, you might try tomorrow.

As to the issue, both of my renters this week came in today and both didn't mind not having beach access, strangely enough. As far as for the future, I think that depends on how fast walkovers get built, but it certainly seems reasonable to be flexible with them and I think you'll get that flexibility in return.

Passatfish

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
Philip_Atlanta said:
There were no cars outside the BRSW office today, you might try tomorrow.

As to the issue, both of my renters this week came in today and both didn't mind not having beach access, strangely enough. As far as for the future, I think that depends on how fast walkovers get built, but it certainly seems reasonable to be flexible with them and I think you'll get that flexibility in return.

I have also been trying to contact Beach Rentals of South Walton and get either a fast busy/answering machine/constant ringing. We are staying at the Turtle Boy at the Cottages of Camp Creek and just need to know if we are good to go for this saturdays arrival. Thanks again for all the information...

Rather B Paddlin

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2005
Interesting development. We have received about 1/2 dozen phone calls in the last 24 hours from renters scrambling to book a replacement house because of damage to a house they where intending to rent. Most of these houses were in Destin or west of Destin. These people could care less about where the beach access was as long there was a private pool.

We had a few guests undecided on whether they wanted to cancel in next few weeks even with a substancial discount. One demanded a 50% discount off the rent. When we told them they could cancel since we had a list of people willing to rent the house they all of sudden solidified their plans to come.

I see the best in people. I am hoping renters will not see this as an opportunity to reverse price gauge, just to get a great deal. If someone tries to force an unreasonable reduction, remember there are a good number of people looking for reasonabley priced replacement rentals.

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
Passatfish said:
I have also been trying to contact Beach Rentals of South Walton and get either a fast busy/answering machine/constant ringing. We are staying at the Turtle Boy at the Cottages of Camp Creek and just need to know if we are good to go for this saturdays arrival. Thanks again for all the information...

The Cottages are fine. If you still need info., I know the owner of Turtle Boy. PM me and I will give you her contact information. It is a beautiful day here in paradise!

Passatfish

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
Camp Creek Kid said:
The Cottages are fine. If you still need info., I know the owner of Turtle Boy. PM me and I will give you her contact information. It is a beautiful day here in paradise!

Awesome!! As I posted in another thread, I finally got through to BRoSW and they said all looks good for our arrival Saturday!!! Pool should be in good shape by then!!!

karen

Beach Comber
May 12, 2005
Passatfish,
I received an email from BRSW this afternoon around 1:00 p.m. They intend to inspect all properties and will call owners if there is damage to their homes. No news is good news I suppose.

Thank you to all reporting on the status of beaches, homes, etc.

River Otter, am particularly interested in your assessment of beach and open restaurants around HP (Spicey Noodle, The Villages Sandwich Shop, etc.?) as my house is in Seacrest North and my renters are on their way from St. Louis on Thursday.
Thank you for any input!

TW

Beach Crab
We have a gulf front condo at Sunset Beach and thankfully there was no damage to the unit but of course access to the beach is gone until the walkover is replaced which could be several weeks.We were fully booked for the summer but things are changing. The guests due last Saturday couldn't get down due to the evacuation and of course we gave them a full refund ...same with the guests due from this coming Saturday because they wanted to make alternative plans as we could not give them info. on area amenties affected -- going to Mexico to see Emily!. We gave them the refund.
The guests due on the 23rd have also requested a refund -- they have 5 small kids and wanted close access to the beach not a drive. I feel for them but am not sure how to handle this -- we need people to come down both from a personal financial view and also if we give refunds this is less tax revenue for SoWal to fund beach restoration etc.
Our policy states refund if mandatory hurricane evacuation but the post hurricane damage is not addressed.

Any views appreciated