• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rather B Paddlin

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2005
In the spring we portaged over the beaver dams and kicked out a large slitherying monster. We about crapped our pants. Make lots of noise before exiting. My heart beats faster just writing about it.

lasml

Beach Crab
Jul 11, 2005
I want to really thank you smiling joe. You have do such a great service to owners and renters alike. I had asked you last night about the lagniappe house and you responded with great pictures. The house is still standing, but the real estate tells us that it can not be rented. We have been coming to this area for the last 20 years. Dune Allen Realty gave us the option of a refund and we would not do it. We have taken another house in the gulf trace sub. We know that the beaches are not going to be what we are use to, but we believe that we should still spend our money and to help out in any way we can. I know that the owners of the Lagniappe will loose out this summer, but at least we feel like we are putting our money into the area that we so love. I am glad that there are more owners with great attitudes than owners like sailin. Thank you very much.

kareshack

Beach Comber
Jul 10, 2005
Roswell, Georgia
RBP- we are bringing our boats down and will be there on Sunday (17th), can you guide me to a couple of great places to paddle, i am a little lost on all of the back roads but I am sure I can find them. How would I get access to the places you mentioned? Sorry for the ignorance- we will be staying in seagrove west (o2easy). I am really excited about paddling on the ocean again.

Last year I took my two nieces and my 3 year old out on the water and we paddled at about 5:30 am looking for the dolphins. It was magical!!! The beach is not just about "fluffy" sand, it is a state of mind.

Looking forward to our trip!!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Goodnight all- my eyeballs are bleeding! Y'all get some rest. I start the trip preparations in earnest tomorrow, getting the family truckster ready and all...

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
lasml said:
I want to really thank you smiling joe. You have do such a great service to owners and renters alike. I had asked you last night about the lagniappe house and you responded with great pictures. The house is still standing, but the real estate tells us that it can not be rented. We have been coming to this area for the last 20 years. Dune Allen Realty gave us the option of a refund and we would not do it. We have taken another house in the gulf trace sub. We know that the beaches are not going to be what we are use to, but we believe that we should still spend our money and to help out in any way we can. I know that the owners of the Lagniappe will loose out this summer, but at least we feel like we are putting our money into the area that we so love. I am glad that there are more owners with great attitudes than owners like sailin. Thank you very much.
Glad to read that you are flexible. I know people like you will make the best of any situation. For those of you who are not flexible, remember that the rigid break, and the flexible bend to see another day. :D ) I am sure Lao Tzu said it much better.)

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Seashell said:
My husband and I have been coming to this area for many years now. We have been there before and after storm damage. We have seen the beaches in all their glory and when they were not. However, even when we wished the area looked like previous times, we always still had fun. The people were great, and we always had a great time. Sure, we had to be careful when walking the beaches when the sand wasn't the same as the trip before, but the water was beautiful. Our walks were still peaceful.

If we couldn't be on the beach as much, there is always so much to do. Yes, a lot of things will take time to repair, etc., but the locals and owners, (some renters) take great pride in this area and will work extremely hard to get things looking good again. We have never been disappointed by lack of site seeing, and fun activites to do. Whether it was great beaches, poor beaches, rain or shine, there is such an experience to be had in this wonderful area! We drive over 18 hours to get there, and are thrilled to go down any chance we get, even after such a storm!

Our prayers are with all at this time, and we wish we could get down there to assist in the clean-up, but we can not get away from work at this time. We will be down as soon as we can. Hang in there all!

Great post! My feelings exactly. I can shoot hurricane photos of destruction all day and still enjoy my day on 30-A (although if it were my house damaged I'm not so sure).

Travel2Much

Beach Lover
Jun 13, 2005
Smiling JOe said:
... For those of you who are not flexible, remember that the rigid break, and the flexible bend to see another day. :D ) I am sure Lao Tzu said it much better.)

The ancient Chinese proverb is "Bamboo bends but it does not break". They consider themselves like the bamboo.

Sorry to hop in with that.

Wekick

Beach Comber
Jan 1, 2005
Our last few years of vacations in Seagrove Beach included Isidore and Barry and last year we came down 2 days after Ivan. We just couldn't miss being at Seagrove even if it meant pitching a tent at Tom Thumb and eating bologne sandwiches. As it turned out our rental agency found us a place and it had beach access. The owner was thrilled to have a rental. There is a beauty in seeing the beach at night with no electric lights! Yes jdarg, you will find treasure! Our vacations of the last few years have not been what we've come to expect from the last 15 years before that of almost perfect weather but they were unique experiences that have given us even greater appreciation for the area. We will be down in 2 weeks if possible and our hearts are truly with those who have lost their homes. I can't imagine what it must be like. Hopefully we can find a way to give back when we are down there to a place that has given us so much over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.