• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Sorry it's taken so long to post these - thanks again smiling Joe for all the help, and Camp Creek Kid, Sunshine, and everyone else who has posted.
I am overwhelmed by all the good deeds and good words and good pics. :clap_1:

Page 1 - http://www.sowal.com/photos-071205-a.html

Page 2 - http://www.sowal.com/photos-071205-b.html

Wonder no more why the beaches are relatively free of debris - I FOUND IT. :shock:

050712-dennis-162.jpg

050712-dennis-181.jpg

050712-dennis-210.jpg

Camp Creek Lake at WaterSound Beach trapped a ton of stuff. After Ivan all the stuff was trapped behind the condos. If you're going to WaterSound, have no fear because the beach looks good except for this section which St. Joe will begin to clean up tomorrow.

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
Re: photos - Hurrican Dennis aftermath - 7/12/05

Pictures ARE worth 1,000 words. Thanks Kurt. Did y'all see the people on the beach enjoying the sun? All is not lost . . .

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com

Philip_Atlanta said:
Kind of ironic, I consider Watersound to be the most beautiful beach on 30a.

It may be the most beautiful DEVELOPED beach. St. Joe will have it cleaned up in a week. Meanwhile we're still waiting for the county (subs) to pick up one board from all the other lakes - since Ivan!

sweet

Beach Lover
Apr 13, 2005

Thank you for sharing you pictures

jennyrae

Beach Comber
Mar 28, 2005

I am stunned at the damage! I have some of the exact same views taken in March. What a difference 4 months can make )o:

Thank you for the photos and bless the ones that will make this all beautiful again. I wish I could come down to help. The dunes are all gone. I am so so sorry about that.

dusty

Beach Lover
Feb 13, 2005

Hey, I see sand dunes in those pics!! Not ALL dunes are gone. :)

And look at how much of Watersound's east walkway to the beach is still intact-- looks like more than after Ivan. (Watersound has more than one walkway to the beach)

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com

dusty said:
Hey, I see sand dunes in those pics!! Not ALL dunes are gone. :)

And look at how much of Watersound's east walkway to the beach is still intact-- looks like more than after Ivan. (Watersound has more than one walkway to the beach)

WaterSound lost some of their boardwalks like after Ivan, but they don't really need them to access the beach.

I had intentions of going to the State parks and other spots without gulf front homes and getting some "pretty" pics of nice beaches and dunes but haven't had time.

But you can look at some of these:
http://www.mooncreek.com/stock