• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phdphay

Beach Fanatic
Mar 7, 2005
The Duke University professor in today's AJC says that the demise of the beach is inevitable - that only arrogance of the wealthy beachfront owners keeps everyone in denial.

wetwilly

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.
Stands to reason that he isn't one of the wealthy in "denial"...seems like someone that probably doesn't like the beach anyway.....I will be nice and not write what I am thinking.... :cool:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
wetwilly said:
Stands to reason that he isn't one of the wealthy in "denial"...seems like someone that probably doesn't like the beach anyway.....I will be nice and not write what I am thinking.... :cool:
I wonder if he has ever been to a beach? Isn't Duke a good 3-4 hours from the Beach? I wonder what his field of expertise is? Is the AJC just looking to raise a brow? Maybe interviewing him is like Jay Leno asking basic Current Events questions to the public so that we can get a kick out of listening to the answers. That is why I don't read the AJC, and never will. Give me the days when the Walton Sun had only local stuff. I hate reading into a story, then look to see that it is about Chicago or somewhere. The Walton Sun is still better than the other mind controlling garbage like the AJC.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
wetwilly said:
AJC is referred to "the fishwrapper" around Atlanta.....nickname fits in most cases
I refer to it as the daily rag. My bashing is not for this article, which I never read, nor will read. I need it to tell me what the beach is like or what people are like. If the quote from this guy from Duke is accurate, I wonder if he has met any of the people living life on the edge, literally speaking. I also wonder who else he lops into biased chunks of society. Money does not determine who one is, only one's self can do that. I can guarantee you that the Duke Boy has never held a conversation with the ladies enjoying the sun from what remains of there deck over in Blue Mtn. I thought the AJC was supposed to be a "news" paper, not an editorial paper.

phdphay

Beach Fanatic
Mar 7, 2005
I think that "The Atlanta Daily News" is the fishwrapper IMHO. I'm a conservative, but I respect my hometown paper. I am an ATL native, born at Crawford W. Long and delivered by the famous Dr. Thomas F. Davenport, Jr. So please don't "dis" my town or its paper, as liberal as it might be. OOPS! Guess I've stepped on even more toes and will get even more hate mail.

phdphay

Beach Fanatic
Mar 7, 2005
wetwilly said:
Peace.....everybody is entitled to their opinion and likes and dislikes...that is one thing that makes this country/life great...... :cool:
Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.